### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re going to shower love on Becton all the way up until 9:30 tonight when they trade him.

And I suspect if we trade him and he starts playing at a high level for a few years you're going to kill Douglas for moving him.   I actualy would be okay with trading him but they better get high value for him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Ive got a feeling this isnt going to go anything like the overwhelming majority of people think here.  Including myself.  But to throw my prediction out there...

Ikey at 4, Lloyd at 10, Peirce and Edge in the 2nd.

I just think OL depth is key as is securing the front for the future.  We saw last year as things began to break down and it sucks.  I think Lloyd is a star and it would be a mistake to pass on him.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The deal with Bechton is he’s 400 lbs. We know he’s an athlete but can anyone be healthy at that weight. And is he willing to work with medical staff to go down to a reasonable and workable weight for his body size. 

If I am JD and the Jets and getting ready to draft, I have a number written on a post-note next to my phone:  Becton’s weight this morning.  Hopefully he has that number, or that number within the last week.  

Becton has had 4 months since season end to get his act together.    He should be at his target weight, which I would think is 360 or less.  If he is overweight, JD should definitely pick an OT if it is a toss up, or an OT anyway.   If Conor McDermott and Chuma Edoga start more than 4 games, Wilson will look terrible and JD will be looking for work next year.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Agreed but if he's in shape and committed he has more upside and has put more good tape on film than any of the prospects coming out tonight.   The Jets coaching staff last year didn't exactly make anyone beleive they can develop players.  There are actual NFL coaches who believe they can, Shanahan being one of them.  

Yeah, when I say “system,” I don’t just mean the scheme on the field—I also mean the types of guys that they want to coach. Saleh and Shanahan are close personal friends. Do we think Saleh is gonna give Becton a letter of recommendation on his way out the door? Besides, the Niners have Trent Williams and Mike McGlinchey at tackle. They just drafted a guard in round two last year. They don’t even need Becton.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

And I suspect if we trade him and he starts playing at a high level for a few years you're going to kill Douglas for moving him.   I actualy would be okay with trading him but they better get high value for him.  

I’ll feel the same way I felt about the Jamal Adams trade: it wasn’t going to work for him here, so may as well show him the door. I think the Jets think that way too. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Over and over the people that want so badly to criticize London do so in the most complimentary ways. 

We have the "here he is looking slow on a 43-yard reception" and now the "he's just like the 2x All Pro in his first 5 seasons guy".

It almost makes me want him more.

If Zach Wilson was Drew Brees, I’d agree with you. I don’t think they’re drafting receiver anyway. They need a sure thing.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I couldn’t sleep so now I’m up 2 hours before I’m due in at work, and my office is literally 5 minutes away from home.

We made it fellas.

You'll be fine. Just make a pallet under your desk like George Costanza. 

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’ve wanted Thibs all along but I’m getting mega diva vibes. Watch this from ESPN yesterday. Hopefully we land Hutchinson.

Kiper has him falling out of the top ten FWIW.

Actually, I see nothing wrong with this video. He comes across to me as intelligent, thoughtful and likeable. That, said, I still prefer Hutchinson or Johnson, but I wouldn't hate the idea of drafting him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Like the trade, but we have to add an OT somewhere.

Agreed - I'd just put that off to after the first two rounds. If we need a more experienced backup in addition, I am certain there will be cuts from other clubs after the draft and before/during camp as other rosters reshuffle. I just see addressing positions that obviously need new starters need to come before (desirable) depth.

30 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm brainstorming already!

1. Didn't smile enough when he was picked.

2. Smiled too much when he was picked.

3. Hugged Goodell a little too tight.

4. Saw him putting ketchup on his steak dinner.

5. His moms is ugly.

6. His sister is ugly.

7. He looks too pretty.

8. Saw a boogie board in the background.

9. There was too much competition on his college team.

10. There wasn't enough competition on his college team.

11. [insert school name] only produces busts.

12. Has a weird way of walking like my aunt.

13. He tested poorly.

14. He didn't test at all.

15. He tested too much.

16. I don't like him.

17. I don't like myself.

18. I don't like JD.

19. Saleh sucks and will ruin him.

20. The Jets suck and will ruin him.

21. He doesn't deserve the Jets.

22. Bill Belichick liked him; an obvious trap!

23. This is a bad pick, because Mike Maccagnan somehow.

24. He's too good to have fallen to us; must be something wrong with him.

25. We took him too early.

26. We took him too late.

27. My fries are cold.

28. My beer is flat.

29. He thinks the Earth is flat.

30. HE DOESN'T THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT!

31. I'm miserable.

That's all I have so far.

ketchup on the steak for dinner had me laughing out loud for real  

lol

40 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Agreed - I'd just put that off to after the first two rounds. If we need a more experienced backup in addition, I am certain there will be cuts from other clubs after the draft and before/during camp as other rosters reshuffle. I just see addressing positions that obviously need new starters need to come before (desirable) depth.

Mini-draft hype!!!!

• Haha 1