### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

AJ Brown has missed an average of 4-5 games a year.

The Jets just landed what many would consider the best CB and best WR in the draft while keeping all of their additional picks and cap flexibility…

I can usually see the downside viewpoint when draft time rolls around for the Jets…but I’m absolutely, unequivocally loving this…

This seems like the kind of draft that my ass would oversee as opposed to the Jets. Pretty mindblowing, really.

Total bullsh*t. He's missed 6 games in his career. 

The Jets are the ones who advertised to the world their desire for a proven #1 guy with Ridley, Hill and Deebo. They clearly didn't believe Wilson was that great or they wouldn't have been whoring themselves out for alternatives as recent as yesterday. 

Zach Wilson is in a make or break year and we just passed up a chance to get a legitimately elite WR. Not one who might be, or could be, one that is. By the time GW fully develops Zach could be flaming out. 

I'm not surprised that a lot of our fans love this. This is a fanbase that largely loves Joe Douglas after all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

I don't care about cap space I'm not a big fan of paying players who just demanded trades for whatever they were upset about this week...usually not a good sign or works out.  Whats wrong with just building this team for another year?

Nothing, I just wanted an excuse to loop in @Barry McCockinner regarding cap space.

I'm actually OK with what's transpired in the draft thus far.  Not super thrilled but not super pissed, either.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

By what measure is he better?

well they've both been in the league 3 years

brown has more receptions (185 vs 167), more yards (2,995 vs 2,598) and more receiving TDs (24 v 10) than samuel.  brown also has a higher yard/catch than samuel (16.2 vs 15.6).  samuel had a much better year last year and has the hybrid-player abilities.

so yeah, an argument can be made that over a 3 year sample size, brown has been the better WR than samuel

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

So 19 picks made… 6WRs + 18 swapped for AJ Brown. Clearly an indication that WR had become a super-premium position, but people complaining?

Fans complain about every.  We could have literally drafted Hutch if he somehow fell to 4 and there would be fans biting that The Giants got Thibs ? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Jeez.  You and Fidelo. The voice of doom.  How about we let the draft play out and see these guys on the field before you rent a plane to fly a banner to get rid of JD?  Unreal.  Life is a real bummer for you guys.  

I'm not low on the players we drafted.

It's the player we passed up that is unforgivable. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You forgot Carter as a really good dime back now too (unless he goes to safety). With numbers like that we've moved beyond penthouse to hustler type smut.

See thats the problem i had with Gardner. Carter was a pretty good slot guy last year. i dont think we should move him to teach Hall to play it. i think Hall goes to the dime or most likely traded.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So 19 picks made… 6WRs + 18 swapped for AJ Brown. Clearly an indication that WR had become a super-premium position, but people complaining?

18 swapped for AJ Brown *and 100 million dollar contract*

This is the area of the draft Karlaftis and Johnson should’ve been all along. A move up for one of those guys would be great. Fall would be even better. If they can somehow land Linderbaum and Karlaftis/Johnson/Mafe/Ojabo with 35/38 possibly including a trade up for one of the edges I’ll be a happy camper.

• Upvote 2