### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Total bullsh*t. He's missed 6 games in his career. 

The Jets are the ones who advertised to the world their desire for a proven #1 guy with Ridley, Hill and Deebo. They clearly didn't believe Wilson was that great or they wouldn't have been whoring themselves out for alternatives as recent as yesterday. 

Zach Wilson is in a make or break year and we just passed up a chance to get a legitimately elite WR. Not one who might be, or could be, one that is. By the time GW fully develops Zach could be flaming out. 

I'm not surprised that a lot of our fans love this. This is a fanbase that largely loves Joe Douglas after all. 

Dude you keep burying yourself in a deeper hole.  Look it’s fine if you wanted  different players but we got two very talented kids 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Just ignore him.  He’s miserable about anything we do 

Part of me is hoping we draft JJ, just to see @Irish Jet's reaction, even though he kinda convinced JJ might be the wrong pick.

I'm so conflicted.

• Haha 4

Just now, Jets723 said:

Dude you keep burying yourself in a deeper hole.  Look it’s fine if you wanted  different players but we got two very talented kids 

I never complained about the players we got at all lol.

You don't pass on an AJ Brown if he's available. You don't. But hey we get that precious cap space that carries us to 4 wins every year. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s VERY possible one of these names are a Jet tomorrow without the Jets needing to make a move.  Karlaftis, JJ, Ojagbo, Hill, Cine, Wyatt, Dean, Lloyd, Mafe, Ebiketie, Linderbaum.  We could be sitting in a catbird seat to hit needs plus value right in the balls.

fantastic options

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I love how we were riding into this draft at like 50% optimism, these crazy leaks/rumors came out and ultimately didn't happen, and now we've somehow dropped below 0% optimism.

This board has been crazy optimistic and still is. For some reason, the amount of attention that people put on a the handful of people who aren't is insane. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

I never complained about the players we got at all lol.

You don't pass on an AJ Brown if he's available. You don't. But hey we get that precious cap space that carries us to 4 wins every year. 

We didn’t pass.  As far as I know he was never an option.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing, I just wanted an excuse to loop in @Barry McCockinner regarding cap space.

I'm actually OK with what's transpired in the draft thus far.  Not super thrilled but not super pissed, either.

My minds not blown but the draft at least makes sense to me.....it was just a bad year to have 2 top ten picks honestly.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Total bullsh*t. He's missed 6 games in his career. 

The Jets are the ones who advertised to the world their desire for a proven #1 guy with Ridley, Hill and Deebo. They clearly didn't believe Wilson was that great or they wouldn't have been whoring themselves out for alternatives as recent as yesterday. 

Zach Wilson is in a make or break year and we just passed up a chance to get a legitimately elite WR. Not one who might be, or could be, one that is. By the time GW fully develops Zach could be flaming out. 

I'm not surprised that a lot of our fans love this. This is a fanbase that largely loves Joe Douglas after all. 

AJ Brown's career so far - 3 years - average season 14 games -  62 catches - 1000 yards - 8 TDs .  That is not close to elite.  Moore will have a better season this year.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s VERY possible one of these names are a Jet tomorrow without the Jets needing to make a move.  Karlaftis, JJ, Ojagbo, Hill, Cine, Wyatt, Dean, Lloyd, Mafe, Ebiketie, Linderbaum.  We could be sitting in a catbird seat to hit needs plus value right in the balls.

And the last one will probably go one pick before the Jets next pick comes up...

:-)

• Haha 1