### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I never complained about the players we got at all lol.

You don't pass on an AJ Brown if he's available. You don't. But hey we get that precious cap space that carries us to 4 wins every year. 

He may not have been available. Possible the Texans didn't want to trade him inside the conference. The traded him to the NFC.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You don't pass on an AJ Brown if he's available. You don't. But hey we get that precious cap space that carries us to 4 wins every year. 

How do you know he would have signed an extension with the Jets? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s VERY possible one of these names are a Jet tomorrow without the Jets needing to make a move.  Karlaftis, JJ, Ojagbo, Hill, Cine, Wyatt, Dean, Lloyd, Mafe, Ebiketie, Linderbaum.  We could be sitting in a catbird seat to hit needs plus value right in the balls.

+Breece

I like Wyatt and Ebiketie from that list - Plus could dbl dip with guys like Alec Pierce, or Skye Moore

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s VERY possible one of these names are a Jet tomorrow without the Jets needing to make a move.  Karlaftis, JJ, Ojagbo, Hill, Cine, Wyatt, Dean, Lloyd, Mafe, Ebiketie, Linderbaum.  We could be sitting in a catbird seat to hit needs plus value right in the balls.

I'm not sure how good any of those guys can be if they can't crack this crapshow of a first round. It got real in a hurry after 10.

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

JD was willing to trade for guys that were paid $25-30 million per. It's not cap space. The price in draft capital and salary combined were too high for Samuel and Brown.  

18 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Elijah Moore is his best friend lol. He would have signed.

Douglas is a disgrace. He let the entire league know, he let Garrett Wilson know we were desperate to trade for a proven #1. Then this happens right under our noses, arguably the best of them. AJ Brown is 24 years old.

It's a f*cking joke. We will be watching him tear it up in Philly for years. Meanwhile Douglas is out of here in January. 

Sorry to see you’re so disappointed IJ.

I hope Wilson can play well enough to change your mind eventually.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I'm not sure how good any of those guys can be if they can't crack this crapshow of a first round. It got real in a hurry after 10.

The expectation all long was that this draft from about mid-first to end of 2nd was the same caliber. Just a matter of need and preference I guess.