### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Coffee Is Great said:

Thrilled with our two picks tonight. Many impartial analysts say we got the best CB and best WR in the class but only time will tell, of course. It feels so good to draft skill players in the top half of the first round after years and years of lineman and safeties. I was worried we'd go OT over Sauce. I figured we'd go with Jermaine Johnson at 10. Glad we avoided Jameson; I'm good on guys coming off of major injuries. 

Can't wait to see what we do with 35 + 38. We're just getting started. 

Edge for certain with one.  The other could be almost anything.  LB should be in play if Dean or Lloyd still around.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly.

This is the worst case scenario as to what I wanted.  I'm not allowed to be upset tonight?

I'll be okay tomorrow....I promise.

You are. Just sad, you’re usually so positive.

Hopefully you see the bright side tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Looking at who's left, we are going to see some good options at 35 even if we wait.

Just a short list:  Lloyd, Dean, JJ2 (maybe), Dax Hill, Wyatt, Linderbaum, Ebiketie, Ojabo, Karlaftis, Mafe, Chris Watson....

Watch them all go by 34 ?

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Almost at the range pick 35 and our 3rd should be enough to move up for the right player. Wonder if JD likes anyone enough to make a move and keep 38 still

35 and 111 can get them up to 30. I'd look for more a move like that,  especially with the extra 4th

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

A lot of Jet fans are always optimistic, but you can't tell me people aren't disappointed after "not getting Deebo".

100% happy we didn't get Deebo who wanted our because he didn't want to do his job,  give up capital, and a huge contract. 

Yes. I can without a doubt say I am not disappointed.   I can actually say I am pleased.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

35 and 111 can get them up to 30. I'd look for more a move like that,  especially with the extra 4th

Honestly, I don't know if there's one guy worth moving up for.  Still a dozen guys I like out there and we have two picks in the next 13.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Why does Jerry Jones always look like he’s about to unveil his evil plan to James Bond right before Bond escapes his unnecessarily elaborate attempt to kill him?

If the villain was Woody, he would've accidentally given away his evil plan and been apprehended less than 5 minutes into the movie.