### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Anyone no what we gave up?

We got a 1st and low (comp) 3rd for our higher 2nd, 3rd and 5th.

Very good deal.  Essentially swapped our 2 for a 1 (JJ) at the cost of a 32 slot trade down in the 3rd, plus a 5th round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can totally see us moving back a tick tomorrow to recoup picks, but, honestly don’t see it as a requirement.

If we can grab another starting caliber player that’s 4. The rest of the draft is projects.

Maybe. Depends who is there.  I could see us doing a similar trade back we did with Mims a couple years back 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The Packers are legit the worst organization in football. They’re so bad. I can’t even lol

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good more Aaaron Rodgers drama for all of this season.  (Shakes head.)  He now has a built in excuse for failure. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Breaking: Aaron Rodgers asks to be traded

JD needs to strike fast here

@T0mShane

rubbing hands GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Lot of lb’s available: Dean, Muma, Harris, Smith, Chanel, Anderson - and I can see JD trading back at 38 and get a pick back. 

Wouldn't mind that at all.  I think the absolutely necessary work has already been done.  We got a guy at #4 with the massive upside that such a high pick demands.  Then we filled the 2 biggest needs in WR and Edge with 2 more possible stars.  Really couldn't ask for much more than that.  If we get a quality LB, we'll have added to all 3 levels on the defense.  Plus there will likely still be quality TEs and RBs for us later on.

And I'm forgetting S, where potentially Cine might fall to us too?

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can totally see us moving back a tick tomorrow to recoup picks, but, honestly don’t see it as a requirement.

If we can grab another starting caliber player that’s 4. The rest of the draft is projects.

It’s a deep draft. There’s going to be a lot of players that will make an impact in rounds 3-4. Jd trades #38 and gets picks back. It’s been his MO. Ozzie taught him well. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Didn't read other thread.  Is the gang stuff confirmed?  Seems like a cool dude anyhow.

Not sure.  But clearly something is up considering how far he fell.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, undertow said:

I'll never understand the fans who cry about third round picks instead of being happy we got a top ten player....same thing happened last year when we traded up for AVT.....I think PFF has rotted brains.

It is sort of a disconnect that people believe the guy making the picks will select someone awesome in the 3rd round, but don't believe he can make the decision to spend that 3rd round pick to trade up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

RB in the 2nd doesn't feel like JD but at this point who knows anything

It doesn't but Hall can be a real player in this league. Plus more offensive weapons!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The Packers are legit the worst organization in football. They’re so bad. I can’t even lol

Shocked that they didn't draft one of the remaining WR's