### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What is the urgency to add a tackle at this point?

There was never an “urgency” 

It was always about BPA. Had Gardner went 3 they would’ve taken Ekwonu and figured it out. 

Now they’ll keep moving forward with Becton & Fant. They’ve filled all the pressing needs at premium positions they sought to address, so it wouldn’t shock me to see them take one in Day 2, but more likely look out for more defensive line tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

It was always about BPA. Had Gardner went 3 they would’ve taken Ekwonu and figured it out. 

Now they’ll keep moving forward with Becton & Fant. They’ve filled all the pressing needs at premium positions they sought to address, so it wouldn’t shock me to see them take one in Day 2, but more likely look out for more defensive line tomorrow. 

You think there's a chance of seeing a Breece Hall pick, or perhaps another WR? 

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

How do the Jets feel about a guy like Breece Hall at 38? Nakobe Dean?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

The Jets desperately need a swing tackle, b/c whoever that is is likely to start several games.  I'm rooting for Becton, but he's yet to show that he can stay healthy for a full season, and even Fant will likely miss a couple of games.  Right now, the immortal Connor McDermott is the swing tackle.

Now, JD may have a free agent in mind as a stopgap for OT.  If so, fine.  However, they really do need a young development OT.  I hope JD takes one in round 2-4...the earlier the better.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Also appreciate the inside insight as always. You reported stuff about the top of our board before the beat ever reached it. Cheers!

• Upvote 3

Just now, TheClashFan said:

The Jets desperately need a swing tackle, b/c whoever that is is likely to start several games.  I'm rooting for Becton, but he's yet to show that he can stay healthy for a full season, and even Fant will likely miss a couple of games.  Right now, the immortal Connor McDermott is the swing tackle.

Now, JD may have a free agent in mind as a stopgap for OT.  If so, fine.  However, they really do need a young development OT.  I hope JD takes one in round 2-4...the earlier the better.

I was hoping for Nicholas Petit-Frere at the top of the 3rd. Doubt we get him now 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Now they’ll keep moving forward with Becton & Fant. They’ve filled all the pressing needs at premium positions they sought to address, so it wouldn’t shock me to see them take one in Day 2, but more likely look out for more defensive line tomorrow

Besides replacing Foley, I'm struggling with the potential of having to pay Q $18-20 million here at some point.  Definitely think DL and LB are high on JD's shopping list tomorrow...