### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Darelle Revis announcing our R2 picks.  Good reason to package them both for Deebo.

image.png

Chase Claypool announcing for Steelers in Rd 2? How awkward if they were to trade him during the draft lol. 

• Haha 4

Getting hyped. This is the craziest draft I've ever seen. I have no idea what the Jets are going to do.

Will the Jets stay the course? Has Joe Douglas heard the cries of @Joe W. Namath and company to continue building through the draft?

Or will Joe Douglas take a HR swing and trade for Deebo Samuel?

What will Woody Johnson's involvement be in this year's draft?

Is Deebo really just in Vegas to sign autographs?

This and more at today's NFL Draft 8PM EST.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Getting hyped. This is the craziest draft I've ever seen. I have no idea what the Jets are going to do.

Will the Jets stay the course? Has Joe Douglas heard the cries of @Joe W. Namath and company to continue building through the draft?

Or will Joe Douglas take a HR swing and trade for Deebo Samuel?

What will Woody Johnson's involvement be in this year's draft?

Is Deebo really just in Vegas to sign autographs?

This and more at today's NFL Draft 8PM EST.

If all we do is trade #10 for Deebo and #93 (as has been rumoured), I don't see that as NOT "building through the draft".

Trading away most of our picks for FA, sure, but not a basic 1 for 1 and a pick back type deal, we're still mostly going draft.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why would they trade him? I haven’t heard his name in any rumors at all

Really? He was highly talked about as a trade candidate earlier in the offseason, hell this board talked about it quite a bit too. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If all we do is trade #10 for Deebo and #93 (as has been rumoured), I don't see that as NOT "building through the draft".

Trading away most of our picks for FA, sure, but not a basic 1 for 1 and a pick back type deal, we're still mostly going draft.

If the Jets give-up anything more than #10 I will be thoroughly convinced Joe Douglas is no longer in charge of personnel 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I feel like it should be just number 10 overall, dude would be great but we don't need to overpay for him. in the end if we did over pay with picks, no one would remember come playoffs but still, 10 is enough, SF would take it I think. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If the Jets give-up anything more than #10 I will be thoroughly convinced Joe Douglas is no longer in charge of personnel 

he is in charge, and i can see the argument to get it done because of wilsons development. I think yes he probably offer 10, but a pick or two later wont really matter if it gets done. But 10 shoudl be enough. 

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Last year, it was pretty obvious who the top TE, top WR, top OT, and top CB were.

In 2020, the top 2 were the top 2 by a mile and the WRs were as expected save the Raiders doing Raider things.

In 2019, the top 3 went pretty much as scripted

has better comment ever been made? if so i dont remember...raiders do raider things..lol

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

You're trolling, right?

not at all.....i think thibodeax just looks faster and i think he has a lot more upside. hutchinson not so much, i think he is a decent player maybe with a more solid floor and a lower ceiling as well......at least thats my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't see why you'd come to that conclusion.

But "the Owner meddled!" is a pretty common conspiracy theory I suppose. :-k

26 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

has better comment ever been made? if so i dont remember...raiders do raider things..lol

Yeah, except around here, that's like drawing a pentagram, lighting five candles, and waiting for the flash of brimstone announcing the arrival of Raideraholic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Oh yeah? 

"A coach" huh lol? 

What? Some rando coach at a rando high school in boontuckey Iowa? 

The sh*t these guys post on Twitter sometimes is laughable. Just add a big god damn sign that says...

"Hey i really want more followers, but idk sh*t, so I made something slightly believable up, that if I happen to get right, I can point back to and say that i had inside info"

Ypsilanti, Michigan, actually.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I feel like it should be just number 10 overall, dude would be great but we don't need to overpay for him. in the end if we did over pay with picks, no one would remember come playoffs but still, 10 is enough, SF would take it I think. 

He’s saying Jets get Deebo and #93 for their #10 pick, so better than you’re suggesting. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Yeah, except around here, that's like drawing a pentagram, lighting five candles, and waiting for the flash of brimstone announcing the arrival of Raideraholic.

^^If even the demon you're summoning has no idea what happens if you die.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm brainstorming already!

1. Didn't smile enough when he was picked.

2. Smiled too much when he was picked.

3. Hugged Goodell a little too tight.

4. Saw him putting ketchup on his steak dinner.

5. His moms is ugly.

6. His sister is ugly.

7. He looks too pretty.

8. Saw a boogie board in the background.

9. There was too much competition on his college team.

10. There wasn't enough competition on his college team.

11. [insert school name] only produces busts.

12. Has a weird way of walking like my aunt.

13. He tested poorly.

14. He didn't test at all.

15. He tested too much.

16. I don't like him.

17. I don't like myself.

18. I don't like JD.

19. Saleh sucks and will ruin him.

20. The Jets suck and will ruin him.

21. He doesn't deserve the Jets.

22. Bill Belichick liked him; an obvious trap!

23. This is a bad pick, because Mike Maccagnan somehow.

24. He's too good to have fallen to us; must be something wrong with him.

25. We took him too early.

26. We took him too late.

27. My fries are cold.

28. My beer is flat.

29. He thinks the Earth is flat.

30. HE DOESN'T THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT!

31. I'm miserable.

That's all I have so far.

Lol, I'm just gonna reference this when I have a post-draft opinion like:

That's a Spoot #19

• Haha 1