Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?

Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?

4 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Having been to the draft in Radio City, I thought it was the perfect location and being in NYC seemed to add to the experience for the players.  Now it’s in places like Detroit and Indy has managed to hold onto the Combine.

Hopefully the draft will come back to NYC.

I think it's gone for good.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm a traditionalist, bring it back where it belongs.  These guys are seriously riding a boat to the the podium when their name is announced?   It's hard enough watching this show of calling out names but now this? 

So lame.

Boat wut? Haha 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Boat wut? Haha 

Yes, they're riding a boat in the Fountains at the Bellagio to the podium when their name is announced. 

It's the dumbest sh*t ever.   NFL is full blown WWE.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yes, they're riding a boat in the Fountains at the Bellagio to the podium when their name is announced. 

You're joking.  

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bring it back to Saturday too. 

they will *never* move days 2 & 3 out of prime time. Nor should they. I mean just look at the attention....  Other major league sports can only wish they get this much attention in between seasons.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

they will *never* move days 2 & 3 out of prime time. Nor should they. I mean just look at the attention....  Other major league sports can only wish they get this much attention in between seasons.

Yeah I know, but I miss the Saturday draft

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's pretty bad.  Well over a decade ago.... I attended at Radio City.  Not a great experience if you ask me.  In between picks there is literally nothing much to watch or do with all the noise.  All you got is highlights on the big video board. It was hot, crowded and Jets fans were loud and more than a few drunk. Much better watching from home. The 'draft' is not a sport that is fun to attend in-person.  Unless you're an obnoxious drunk stupid Jets fan.  Or Gary V. 

:toot:

The Nashville draft shows why the draft is unlikely to make a return to NY.  At least to Radio City Music hall.  Why have 6000 fans in a small arena when you can have 600K fans in a true fan experience?   

Granted, you can shutdown Broadway in the center of Nashville for the draft and not really impact traffic too much.

Could you do something in Times Square?  

• Upvote 1

The dates of these articles had me thoroughly confused until I remembered that the 2020 draft was the one hosted from Goodell’s basement and this is the make up year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The dates of these articles had me thoroughly confused until I remembered that the 2020 draft was the one hosted from Goodell’s basement and this is the make up year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But this article is from 2020?  Are they keeping the same plan for Thursday night?  

Absurdity either way.

ha!  didnt even notice the date.  I thought I heard it on TV and then I just did a quick google and pasted the first article I found. 

Now I'm confused.  Maybe not.  IDk.

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Please tell me it’s a Gondola with an Italian dude with a huge mustache and a red striped shirt! 

• Upvote 1