Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?

Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Are you happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC?

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

ha!  didnt even notice the date.  I thought I heard it on TV and then I just did a quick google and pasted the first article I found. 

Now I'm confused.  Maybe not.  IDk.

Instead they will parachute in dressed as Elvis instead like like Honeymoon in Vegas! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Please tell me it’s a Gondola with an Italian dude with a huge mustache and a red striped shirt! 

Your in the wrong hotel...  that's the Venetian with the gondola and canal in the Hotel shopping plaza.  It's across the Strip and a little north IIRC.  The draft is not at the Venetian. But enjoy anyway.

gondola_ext-3000x1730.jpg.resize.0.0.120

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Your in the wrong hotel...  that's the Venetian with the gondola and canal in the Hotel shopping plaza.  It's across the Strip and a little north IIRC.  The draft is not at the Venetian. But enjoy anyway.

gondola_ext-3000x1730.jpg.resize.0.0.120

Dayum!! That’s so awesome. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I'm a traditionalist, bring it back where it belongs.  These guys are seriously riding a boat to the the podium when their name is announced?   It's hard enough watching this show of calling out names but now this? 

So lame.

This is not true.  

The whole Bellagio fountains thing is for the "red carpet" arrivals.

The actual draft is taking place on a stage about a 1/2 mile away.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/experience/

vndvpgcjnovtfovuorca

However...it is all about the show for the NFL now.  In fact, rumors are swirling that, weather permitting, Tom Cruise is scheduled to parachute into the draft to promote the new MI movies.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Detriot no. Vegas or Houson? Yes

Well. To each his own.  About 1/6 th of the US population live in and around Northeast cities.  So they are far from dead.  And I can't think of  places I'd rather not live in or near more than Houston or Vegas.  Horrible weather, culturally barren - I could go on and on.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

The Nashville draft shows why the draft is unlikely to make a return to NY.  At least to Radio City Music hall.  Why have 6000 fans in a small arena when you can have 600K fans in a true fan experience?   

Granted, you can shutdown Broadway in the center of Nashville for the draft and not really impact traffic too much.

Could you do something in Times Square?  

I think they had about 400,000 over the weekend when it was in Dallas.   The stadium was packed, and tens of thousands in the parking lot.

And Vegas?   Look, I love the Jets, but I'd rather go to Vegas for the weekend to watch the draft then crowd into NYC.

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Right?  Lets make this real Vegas and each team pulls the slot lever to see what player they select.

What happens if our draft card falls into the fountain during the ride over to Goodell?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Next year is in KC then Detroit. Really hitting the big cities here.

KC like Nashville is perfect.  Between KCMO and KCKS, you probably have a million people. 

Union Station is not far from the Power and Light District.  There is a convention center, indoor stadium and a crap ton of restaurants, distilleries, etc. in that area.  I lived near KC (20+ years ago)  and it was a great little city then.  In 7+ years, I never went there.  They have pumped resources in to their downtown to build it up.  Big12 Championship is their so they know how to host.    

KC should crush Nashville in the fan experience.  

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just wondering if Jet fans are happy that the NFL draft has been moved out of NYC.  It certainly does provide an opportunity to travel to other cities for this event.

How many people do you know who travel around the country to watch the NFL Draft.

I cant name one that I know.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I think they had about 400,000 over the weekend when it was in Dallas.   The stadium was packed, and tens of thousands in the parking lot.

And Vegas?   Look, I love the Jets, but I'd rather go to Vegas for the weekend to watch the draft then crowd into NYC.

That is what I am saying.  I have been to NYC a couple of times, but it is not really my cup of tea.  I understand the appeal though.  NTC might be too big to host the event.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PFSIKH said:

That is what I am saying.  I have been to NYC a couple of times, but it is not really my cup of tea.  I understand the appeal though.  NTC might be too big to host the event.

That's why it is good to move it around, different people have different tastes, let them see it live in a venue they may like better.

I feel like it should always be in NYC, but damn last year when we drafted wilson it did seem like it was done well. It is probably the best move for the NFL, i just wish we could at least have a group of disgruntled jets fans on stage just center left.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah I know, but I miss the Saturday draft

I do too.

But there isnt a chance in the world that they move it from a 3 day, prime time blockbuster event for football fans who want it to go back to Saturdays.

And really, why would they?  

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many people do you know who travel around the country to watch the NFL Draft.

I cant name one that I know.

I don't personally know either but what about Maxman and Jetstream23?  

I have traveled the country to see games, concerts, and fights but I have never had the urge to attend the draft live doesn't really seem all that exciting to sit around and wait for players names to be called....I enjoy the draft but have never seen it as an excuse to party. 

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

KC like Nashville is perfect.  Between KCMO and KCKS, you probably have a million people. 

Union Station is not far from the Power and Light District.  There is a convention center, indoor stadium and a crap ton of restaurants, distilleries, etc. in that area.  I lived near KC (20+ years ago)  and it was a great little city then.  In 7+ years, I never went there.  They have pumped resources in to their downtown to build it up.  Big12 Championship is their so they know how to host.    

KC should crush Nashville in the fan experience.  

Don’t doubt it. Maybe shouldn’t have lumped KC in. Detroit… no thanks.

I have traveled the country to see games, concerts, and fights but I have never had the urge to attend the draft live doesn't really seem all that exciting to sit around and wait for players names to be called....I enjoy the draft but have never seen it as an excuse to party. 

It’s actually fun— there are tons to do while you wait

Nashville was fun and so was Chicago, Philly was meh.

10 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

This is not true.  

The whole Bellagio fountains thing is for the "red carpet" arrivals.

The actual draft is taking place on a stage about a 1/2 mile away.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/experience/

vndvpgcjnovtfovuorca

However...it is all about the show for the NFL now.  In fact, rumors are swirling that, weather permitting, Tom Cruise is scheduled to parachute into the draft to promote the new MI movies.

Was staying at Hard Rock back in January. Layout is really huge; the diagram makes it look like these places are right next to each other, but reality is that is a huge area. Looks like there' one stage over the Bellagio fountains and another behind the hotels by The Wheel; that's hundreds of yards away form each other. Next time I go would stay at the Linq.