For The Pundits/Fans That Want/Predict Thibs @ # 4

Just now, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-expected-to-pass-on-kayvon-thibodeaux/ar-AAWG28c?li=BBnb7Kz

"Questions about Thibodeaux’s fit with the rebuilding team’s culture has led most to expect GM Joe Douglas to pass, Brian Costello of the New York Post notes. "

I done told ya.  I told ya and I told ya. 

Seen a few interviews with him and he may scare JD away because he sounds like Jamal Adams.  Confident and yap yap yap.  He may be too much for the current locker room.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Seen a few interviews with him and he may scare JD away because he sounds like Jamal Adams.  Confident and yap yap yap.  He may be too much for the current locker room.

I don't think confidence and an aggressive personality is what is putting them off.  

I'm still not buying it.

If he's there are 4 he'll be the best player on the board, at a premium position and one of need.

This would be the first red flag I have on Robert Saleh - essentially afraid to take on this challenge.

Not the end of the world, but I would begin to worry about him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm still not buying it.

If he's there are 4 he'll be the best player on the board, at a premium position and one of need.

This would be the first red flag I have on Robert Saleh - essentially afraid to take on this challenge.

Not the end of the world, but I would begin to worry about him.

One could argue Mims and Becton have similar upsides to many of the WR/OL in this years draft, yet it appears that neither are in the future plans here.  In both cases the CS is making it about the player's lack of commitment vs. their ability to meet the challenge of motivating/teaching these young guys to reach their potential.

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

One could argue Mims and Becton have similar upsides to many of the WR/OL in this years draft, yet it appears that neither are in the future plans here.  In both cases the CS is making it about the player's lack of commitment vs. their ability to meet the challenge of motivating/teaching these young guys to reach their potential.

Eh, and I can argue an incalculable amount of "team first" guys bust all the time.

For as long as I can remember the Jets have drafted "high character" guys.  How's that worked out?

Right now, it surely does seem like the coaching staff has failed with Mims and Becton and maybe they are playing scared - but I certainly don't see that as a good thing.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh, and I can argue an incalculable amount of "team first" guys bust all the time.

For as long as I can remember the Jets have drafted "high character" guys.  How's that worked out?

Right now, it surely does seem like the coaching staff has failed with Mims and Becton and maybe they are playing scared - but I certainly don't see that as a good thing.

We're in agreement.  My point is we're killing JD for the 2020 draft, but not putting enough scrutiny on Saleh and his staff to push the right buttons with these guys.  If Becton/Mims were playing for Shanahan, or Andy Reid, or even Belichick, would we be considering OL/WR in the 1st round this year??

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not making the same mistake twice and three times *IS* very much a good thing.  Only a fool of a GM would take Thibs with either Ickey, Sauce or Hamilton still on the board.

As I have posted multiple times, I dont think Ickey will be there unless the Jags GM, Baalke is brain dead.  Considering the investment they made taking Trevor Lawrence at  # 1 overall, and how BADLY a good line is needed in front of Lawrence, I don't see how they can pass up on Ickey in order to take a grossly overrated defensive line player (Hutch).  I also see the Texans in the market for an OT.   

I also see an outside chance that Sauce will be gone by # 4.

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Only a fool of a GM would take Thibs with either Ickey, Sauce or Hamilton still on the board.

I couldn't disagree with this more.

Thibs is the best prospect at the most important position for this team.  I'm not sure what's changed other than the kid wants to market himself - that doesn't make him less of a player.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion - but I do have an issue with you calling me a "fool" for disagreeing.

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Young Cam wanted to be an “icon” and “entertainer”.

Threw for 400 yards in week 1 and made it to 1 more Super Bowl than the Jets have reached in the last 50 years.

Then went on to literally quit on a fumble during that Super Bowl. So, is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I couldn't disagree with this more.

Thibs is the best prospect at the most important position for this team.  I'm not sure what's changed other than the kid wants to market himself - that doesn't make him less of a player.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion - but I do have an issue with you calling me a "fool" for disagreeing.

Are you a GM ??? If not, your a fan and not a fool regardless.  You have a "get out of jail quick" card if you make the wrong call :-) 

28 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Are you a GM ??? If not, your a fan and not a fool regardless.  You have a "get out of jail quick" card if you make the wrong call :-) 

Well, then - I don't think our GM would be a fool for taking the top prospect at a highly premium position - where there's a huge need.

Totally cool if you or any GM for that matter doesn't like him - but a fool for taking him seems extreme.  That's all....

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol more assumptions nice

That's the draft. People making assumptions about the future success of other (younger) people 

GM don't need a reason. They sit down with a guy, he gives them a bad vibe, that's it. You don't risk a high Rd 1 on a guy who vibes wrong. Define it any way we want, that's the nature of the draft 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's the draft. People making assumptions about the future success of other (younger) people 

GM don't need a reason. They sit down with a guy, he gives them a bad vibe, that's it. You don't risk a high Rd 1 on a guy who vibes wrong. Define it any way we want, that's the nature of the draft 

That's true. 

I think people forget that these are still basically job interviews. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That's true. 

I think people forget that these are still basically job interviews. 

The 4 pick will be highly compensated making more than the coach and the GM combined 

If that person does not want to accept coaching, they don't have to 

Shades of Ben Simmons 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, then - I don't think our GM would be a fool for taking the top prospect at a highly premium position - where there's a huge need.

Totally cool if you or any GM for that matter doesn't like him - but a fool for taking him seems extreme.  That's all....

And I decried JD as a fool for drafting Becton last season.  I just about drove my head through a wall when he made that pick with Wirfs still up there. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Why would we take Thibs, when we got Hutchinson there. ?

Zierlein's mock has us taking Icky with Hutchinson still on the board (Giants get Hutch at 5).

Seems there's a mock to cover every possible scenario within the top 10. :D  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Not a big fan of Adams but he was by far our most successful first round pick of the past several years 

so this isn’t great logic

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The 4 pick will be highly compensated making more than the coach and the GM combined 

If that person does not want to accept coaching, they don't have to 

Shades of Ben Simmons 

We’re comparing a highly productive college player to a NBA diva who shaved points during playoff games and played hookey for an entire season?

6 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

We’re comparing a highly productive college player to a NBA diva who shaved points during playoff games and played hookey for an entire season?

Ben Simmons was once a highly productive college player too 

These are not the same people but they have a similar me first style 

KT started his own crypto.

Imagine the Jets draft him, he rug pulls all the fans who buy his sh*t coin and then retires at 26

There's a risk of this guy looking around at the Jets and saying "no thanks"