Giants decline 5th year option on Daniel Jones

nycdan

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm pretty sure they announced it today to bury it in the draft cycle.  But what you say could help us.  CAR for example.  If they are determined to draft Willis, and now have to worry about the Giants jumping in at 5, they might want to move up to 4.  I personally doubt it, as I don't see the Giants going QB in round 1, but hey...it would be fantastic if it helped us at all.

I thought the deadline on this was after the draft… ? If so, curious timing by the Giants here. They could be daring teams to come up ahead of them when they have no desire to take a QB. Which is also fine with me. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm pretty sure they announced it today to bury it in the draft cycle.  But what you say could help us.  CAR for example.  If they are determined to draft Willis, and now have to worry about the Giants jumping in at 5, they might want to move up to 4.  I personally doubt it, as I don't see the Giants going QB in round 1, but hey...it would be fantastic if it helped us at all.

Agreed . They HAVE to address that porous O line 1st. With that line it doesn't matter who the QB is. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My Malik Willis to the Giants prediction is looking pretty, pretty good right about now

Don know why people ever ruled it out. I told my Jints fan friends don´t be surprised if they take Willis and OL with their 2 picks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I honestly think Jones can be a good QB. He has some things he needs to fix, but he has talent. If Zach fails this year, and Giants move on, I would have no problem with the Jets giving him a shot to compete for a job.

Why dont we just get Darnold back, sucks the same with a better arm

34 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Malik Willis would make sense for them. Is that region confident enough they can build him up similar to how the built Josh Allen up? We will see.

Teams that want Malik Willis may get the urge to jump the Giants. 

I like Corrall and Ridder better and both can be drafted in rd 2

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jones is one of the few fail QBs that still has enough upside to try and redeem imo.  Smart move by the giants but they may be in a pickled if he plays this year and has a good enough bounce back year.

Jones is essentially Trubisky.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, faba said:

Not such a surprise they were not going to commit 20 million plus salary to him for next year. they still can do a long term deal

Mitchell Trubisky > Daniel Jones > Sam Darnold.  And yet only one of those 3 got the 5th year option.

Sometimes life just isn't fair.

• Upvote 2