Am I Watching The NFL Draft or The Emmy Awards on The NFL Network.

7 minutes ago, DLJ said:

It’s Las Vegas and the NFL draft what did you expect? The draft is a spectacle every year… this is nothing new

I mean you can like it if you want but the draft being treated like the Academy Awards is relatively new....I don't remember Calvin Pryor walking the red carpet on his way to being drafted.

30 minutes ago, undertow said:

I mean you can like it if you want but the draft being treated like the Academy Awards is relatively new....I don't remember Calvin Pryor walking the red carpet on his way to being drafted.

image.png

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

This Las Vegas is way too much for me with that going on the red carpet and judging what they wearing. Way too much for me. Rather watch more of the film of these athletes.  

I understand where you’re coming from Tony, but the red carpet is a thing with all these shows now. It is what it is.

As far as film of the athletes, we’ve been bombarded with that every day for months now. If that’s what you want, go watch NFL Live or some show like that…

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

This Las Vegas is way too much for me with that going on the red carpet and judging what they wearing. Way too much for me. Rather watch more of the film of these athletes.  

There's nothing stopping you from watching film of the players in the draft.. 

• Sympathy 1

It’s 2022– everything is treated like the Oscars. It’s ratings. The draft has been this way since it started moving in 2015

No other sports league pulls hundreds of thousands of people to one location like the NFL draft does. I’ve been to a few drafts in the last 6 years- it’s been like this. Plus it’s Las Vegas- it’s going to be over the top.
  • Upvote 1

I will just say, I liked it the old way.  Not a spectacle, 100% about the analysis, teams and players and film of them, and the Draft all day Saturday and Sunday.

That was heaven.

Now?  Well, excuse to eat good Pizza I suppose.  But it's far more annoyingly showy and far less about football.

JMO, to each their own.