This team has been completely transformed in 2 off-seasons.

hawk

Jets hit a homerun tonight but these players still have to pan out....what scares me a little is the players the Jets picked are universally praised by fans and media which is usually a bad thing. lol  I kinda liked Olave and Burks over Wilson but we will see.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Vader said:

His legacy is going to have a lot to do with Becton

His legacy is Becton, his legacy is Zach, his legacy is 2020, hid legacy is the 22' draft.  No.  His legacy will be if this team gets out of the gutter and starts competing or if we keep the off-season bickering about top 10 draft picks.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Confirmed Adam Gase was the great perpetrator of 2020.

Very true but doesn’t absolve Douglas.

It falls on JD as the GM of the organization but it’s hard to not see the influence Gase had on the 2020 draft selections. Good God Gase was awful as a player talent evaluator and head coach but it seems he knows a talented GM candidate 

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not if a Jets GM had already given Adams the extension he wanted, as more than a few here wanted. 

Well, truth be told, I recall at the time we had been neglecting picks on O and had too much of our players that were picked high on D. That trade just balanced it out by trading Adams for what was G AVT and WR Wilson. If Adams would have been part of a collection of players on D like the legion of boom I agree with what you are saying. But, that D never even got us to the playoffs, so this tradeoff was best for the team moving forward.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

The 2020 draft is a nightmare. But it is slowly and surely fading away. JD Going 2 for 3 in his first 3 drafts, and absolutely destroying the first round this year, is good stuff.

People were excited about that draft at the time to.   It doesn't always Translate.  Hopefully they all stick,  but the plan was good. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rtnelson said:

His legacy is Becton, his legacy is Zach, his legacy is 2020, hid legacy is the 22' draft.  No.  His legacy will be if this team gets out of the gutter and starts competing or if we keep the off-season bickering about top 10 draft picks.

His legacy is also getting his free agent signings to play up to the contract. I’m hopeful that Lawson and the two tight ends hit the ground running this season. I’m also curious how this guy is gonna fit in to the defensive scheme. 

The Jets added to their pass rush depth when they signed former Texans defensive end Jacob Martin to a three-year, $15.5 million deal.

Like a lot of the contracts Joe Douglas offered this offseason, Martin’s comes with a low cap hit in 2022 before increasing in Year 2. His cap hits are $2.69 million in 2022, $6.15 million in 2023 and $4.65 million in 2024, according to The Athletic’s Connor Hughes.

Similarly, Martin’s base salary goes from $1.035 million in 2022 to $4.25 million in 2023 and then $3.5 million in 2024. He also has a $3.465 million signing bonus and roster bonuses in each of the next two seasons for $500,000 in 2022 and $750,000 in 2023. Martin can also earn $3 million in incentives in 2024.