So who are we looking at for the rest of this draft?

Another interesting thought I just realized Andrew booth Jr slid out of the first round too. Double dipping on corners might not be popular but if he is there he may very well be the bpa. We have other needs of course but I would not loose sleep over having two really good cb prospects after watching us get torched over and over last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

but we do... 101 is in the 3rd rnd

Did an updated mock draft from round 2 and came up with:

38 Nakobe Dean LB

101 Kenny Walker RB…..Say What!!!!!

111 Jelani Woods TE

119 traded to Chargers for 127 & 195

127 John Ridgeway DT

146 Michael Clemons Edge

195 Ty Anderson S

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Teams picking ahead of us (trades notwithstanding):

Bucs, Vikings, Titans, Giants, Texans

Not many of those strike me as likely to take a RB ... maybe Houston? I don't see us taking a RB that early, but I would love it if we did.

I'm also not seeing any of them taking a QB ... if TB wanted Willis they'd have taken him late 1st and got the 5th year option. Obviously someone could trade up for a QB, or we could trade down if a guy like Willis is still there. 

Defense I'd be happy if we took a LB, maybe a S.

Other options - OL, TE, DT - I'd prefer if we traded down to get an extra pick first; seems too early to be thinking about depth when we could still pick another starter / rotational guy. Double dipping at WR or Edge doesn't seem likely but would certainly do it for me. Imagine having Wilson, Wilson, Moore and Moore in our passing game! :D  

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree but he will be gone by the time we pick in the second 

The only team I see in front of us who may have interest is Houston.  And I think they are desparate for a receiver.  Unless someone trades up, Breece Hall will be staring us in the face at 38.

If we make the pick, the Jets have the most talented, young offense in the league.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I want Nakobe Dean in the worst way

If you approach things thinking they way Douglas thinks, he has huge money tied up in Mosley and will have to pay big money to Quinnen Williams (both Macc guys).  Eventual replacements for those guys is where I'd be focusing right now...

dean would be an absolute dream, but i don't see anyway he is available when we pick next.

i'd be quite happy with hall, but if dean isn't there, i'd probably look to drop down a little and recoup some draft capital.  looks like most of the best available are edge rushers, WRs and CBs, all positions that were just addressed.  obviously don't need a QB (incoming zach jokes), and there are plenty of RBs/TEs that can be had later.  

so if dean is gone, i'd drop a little, get another 4th (gives JD flexibility to move around in rounds 3-4) and probably come out with someone who they very well could have grabbed at 38.

Based on who they scouted, where they made the big offers in FA, and their needs, here are some thoughts:

1) Safety, as others noted: you don't make a play at Marcus Williams for over 10 million a year unless you are determined to get one.  They got Jordan Whitehead, but they are thin at the position.  Would think Jalen Pitre is a target, so too JT Woods in Round 3 or 4, who played for them at the Senior Bowl.  Another late riser has been Nick Cross from Maryland.

2) Interior Offensive Line: Focus on Center:  They made a play on Ryan Jensen.  They are not satisfied with McGovern... and he is accumulating injuries now.  Was a bit surprised the Ravens took Linderbaum, given that they are not a zone-blocking team, but here we are.  Cam Jurgens will be coming off in Round 2 (I know some think he is a third round pick, but he is similar to Linderbaum but with more classic physical traits.).  Zach Tom is a guy to watch later in the draft.  Both are developmental prospects.  

3) Tight End:  Decent but not top-end TE class, but plenty of options.  Would think Isaiah Likely is a target; can create separation (unique to the class, as opposed to needing to be schemed open) and the Jets have had him in for a 30-visit.  Ruckert also there.  Lots of options through Round 4.  I like Daniel Bellinger later in the draft.  Jelani Woods is an intriguing target, but suspect he will have lots of suitors.

3) Offensive Tackle; we are down to developmental prospects now.  I think Round 2 tackles have suspect histories... so would rather see Safety, tight end, or inside/outside d-line players in Round 2.  Right tackle is the focus here for depth, so Raimann and Petit-Frere are two to watch.  Abe Lucas is also pro-ready, with lots of experience.  But Pac-12 and Air-raid?  Hard projection.

4) D-line: weaker draft for inside players, but double dipping on inside/outside (Paschal, Logan Hall) or going for Perrion Winfrey or Travis Jones in Round 2 certainly possible.  Boy if Ebiketie dropped, I'd run to the podium, but I think he's coming off at the top of the round.

5) LB: think this will be a surprise.  Jets are going to try to find their Fred Warner in the 4th or 5th Round.  Need is clearly there as CJ is a goner unless he re-negotiates come next year.  Need to groom a successor.  I like Muma, but so do many teams and there is a large gap between 38 and 101.  

6) WR: Would love to see them double dip.  At the very least, a nice hybrid TE with some length would be a must as above, but looking for a big slot would be a nice complement to the guys we have.  Not a big guy, but I'd love David Bell in Round 3 or Round 4.  Didn't time well, but that kid can play.  Really interested to see how they build up the skill positions.

7) RB: I am assuming at least 1 RB in later rounds.  Much discussed, but don't see a Round 2 investment here (never say never, but unlikely).  Think Pierre Strong, Brian Robinson, maybe one of the Georgia Running backs in Round 4.  Jets like Round 4 RBs. 

Who else?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

Stay with Best Available Player

Pretty much. I don't think you take another WR, QB or CB, for obvious reasons. I think its too early to take a DT. All other positions- OT, IOL, Edge, LB, S, TE, RB are on the table. Best available. Hopefully they take a LB- there are a bunch of good ones still on the board- Muma, Harris, Andersen, Dean, Asamoah Chenal,. . I also wouldn't mind if they end up going after McBride- just love the player and the way he plays the game.  

*Dark Horse Pick: Greg Dulcich- TE

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only team I see in front of us who may have interest is Houston.  And I think they are desparate for a receiver.  Unless someone trades up, Breece Hall will be staring us in the face at 38.

If we make the pick, the Jets have the most talented, young offense in the league.

There are no WR worth taking over Hall left. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Pretty much. I don't think you take another WR, QB or CB, for obvious reasons. I think its too early to take a DT. All other positions- OT, IOL, Edge, LB, S, TE, RB are on the table. Best available. Hopefully they take a LB- there are a bunch of good ones still on the board- Muma, Harris, Andersen, Dean, Asamoah Chenal,. . I also wouldn't mind if they end up going after McBride- just love the player and the way he plays the game.  

*Dark Horse Pick: Greg Dulcich- TE

I'd be happy with any of McBride, Ruckert, Dulcich, Kolar or Woods if they decide to use a pick on a TE , my favorite being Ruckert,

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Dean or Travis Jones. Then just focus on offensive depth (OL, TE, RB)

I’d go with Dean at 38. If he’s gone then Harris or Muma. One of the 3 will be there. Or JD can trade back and get extra picks. Troy Andersen is raw but his measurables are off the charts. 

Troy Andersen LB Montana State

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 243 | RAS: 10

He has great straight-line explosiveness for his frame, and he can rocket through gaps. Andersen brings torrid closing burst to the contact point, and he can close ground in an instant in the box. In coverage, his explosiveness translates especially well. He can launch off his back foot, and he has click-and-close quickness. He also carries a lot of heat as a blitzer.

Going further, Andersen has surprisingly fluid hips. He can flip out of his stance and carry receivers downfield up the seam. He can also stack direction changes and manage open space with his fluidity and lateral athleticism. With his explosiveness and range, Andersen can easily cover running backs on swings and screens. And with his athleticism, he’s a versatile player who can line up at each LB spot and even the slot, depending on matchups.

5 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

If you approach things thinking they way Douglas thinks, he has huge money tied up in Mosley and will have to pay big money to Quinnen Williams (both Macc guys).  Eventual replacements for those guys is where I'd be focusing right now...

Yea DT and LB will be high on the list. Safety as well I think.

• Upvote 1