Ton Of Talent Left For Day 2 ...

KRL

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Look at the roster. There are barely any holes on offense. Can use another rb, but besides that what? Ol depth sure, but that’s mid round value. 

Gimme Travis Jones/Winfrey/Muma/Asamoah/S in rds 2 and 3. 

RB/Ol/TE/S for the rest 

We have to come away with another TE in this draft (in addition to RB).  I wouldn't mind another WR either.  And backup OL as you mentioned. 

And that's in addition to LB, S, DL.  In other words, we still have a bunch of needs.

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Dean would be the only guy that really would be filling a hole without double dipping. Trading back from 38 makes the most sense if he's gone.  Theres so many players I've heard they like still available to move back and add some more 3rds and 4ths to fill some depth and they will still get a guy they really like. 

Agree but I'd strongly consider trading up to 33 to ensure we can land Dean. If the bucs will swap 33 for 38 and 180 for 111 we should jump on it imo.  They may have a higher ranked LB though. Dean is on the small side.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have to come away with another TE in this draft (in addition to RB).  I wouldn't mind another WR either.  And backup OL as you mentioned. 

And that's in addition to LB, S, DL.  In other words, we still have a bunch of needs.

Idk if TE is a need right now. The 2 guys just signed should be solid-good starters and Yeboah was pretty raw, but has plenty of athleticism to be a really good receiving te. 

I wouldn’t mind a guy like Jake Ferguson. Fantastic blocker who has potential in the receiving game. 

As far as I know uz and Conklin are decent blockers, but nothing special in that department 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dupe said:

I hear Dean is considered small and needs time before starting.  He could indeed last till 38.  

He's not going to get any taller during his NFL career.  He might be able to add 10 pounds without signficant speed loss.  He's smart and has great vision:  He's starter ready for those reasons, at least as a nickel package linebacker.   In the right scheme, with space eating D-lineman ahead of him (like he had a UGA), he's an every down ILB.

5 hours ago, slats said:

It’s gonna be interesting to see. I don’t think LB is a need when the team runs a base 4-2-5. I think they’re pretty stocked at Edge with Lawson, JJ, Huff, and Martin, with JFM and Thomas available to play inside or out. WR is pretty thick now, too. Safety might’ve been in play, but the guys they might’ve been targeting probably left the board late in the first. I think the last place they can actually add another impact player here would be at RB. A rookie TE would be much less likely to see the field. 

I think I’m with the trade down crowd here, but would be excited by Hall. 

Have you forgotten how bad the LB play was last year? 

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

The goal there would be to finally move JFM back to the inside where he is best suited to play.  One more Edge player would give us enough of a rotation to do that.  Not urgent, but it would be a big boost tot he whole DL.

I think LB is a bigger need right now.  And I wouldn't hate Breece Hall or Trey McBride either.

Ojabo. He basically would be like a 2023 top 10 pick. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ojabo. He basically would be like a 2023 top 10 pick. 

I am so not sold on that guy.  Only saw one game of his:  vs. UGA in the CFP.  After all the pregame hype, he vanished into thin air.  He's not even in the stats for the game.  No sacks, no tackles, no pressures, no batted passes.  Zip. Like he wasn't there.  The Dawgs o-line was good, but not other wordly.  They did a good job on Aidan Hutchinson, and without that pressure from the opposite side, Obajo was a non-factor.

8 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Have you forgotten how bad the [fill-in-any-position] play was last year? 

Yes. WR play was decent. So was OL. Nothing good happened on defense last year. That's why i'm glad 2/3 of the picks were defense. I hope the first pick tonight is also defense.

I think front 7 now has to be the priority. We were getting bulldozed last season at times and the Indianapolis game hasn’t yet been burned from my brain. Johnson and Lawson will definitely help but the interior is still a major problem.

Fatukasi needs to be replaced, the idea of JFM starting at DT on running plays is worrying. Travis Jones is the pick at #38 if he’s there IMO. We coached him during yhe pro day and by all accounts absolutely loved him. Fills the biggest current need on the team right now IMO. 

I think we’ve decided to stick with these LB’s until we can get out of Mosley’s contract next year. That said if a guy like Dean is on the board it would be hard to pass.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think front 7 now has to be the priority. We were getting bulldozed last season at times and the Indianapolis game hasn’t yet been burned from my brain. Johnson and Lawson will definitely help but the interior is still a major problem.

Fatukasi needs to be replaced, the idea of JFM starting at DT on running plays is worrying. Travis Jones is the pick at #38 if he’s there IMO. We coached him during yhe pro day and by all accounts absolutely loved him. Fills the biggest current need on the team right now IMO. 

I think we’ve decided to stick with these LB’s until we can get out of Mosley’s contract next year. That said if a guy like Dean is on the board it would be hard to pass.

I agree jones is the pick but jd may want to recoup picks and that spot is a prime trade back spot.

8 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

How is dean different from darron lee?

Dean is instinctive.  The guy diagnoses plays and reacts as well as any LBer I have seen.  Lee was always a beat late because he hestiated before reacting.  Dean is elite.  And while both guys are fast, Dean can cover.  Lee had straight line speed, but couls not change direction the way Dean can. 

I am biased (d'uh), but the only things Lee and Dean have in common are speed and size size.  Add Dean and this draft goes from a home run to a grand slam.

14 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Travis Jones, DT, UConn is the best prospect we can draft at this point. 

#69 in white is the G the Pats drafted 1st round. He's actually the only lineman to do well against Jones.

Going on record that this is my choice as well - guy could be a PROBLEM. 

If not want a trade back or Muma or Pitre. Not really feeling Dean w/ the injury concerns. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

They were getting gashed in the run game due to scheme/coaching, IMO. It was virtually the same front 7 as 2020 when the run D was much better. 

If replacing Fatukasi is an issue, then why did the run D defense with him suck so horribly last year? Coaching/scheme, IMO. Ulbrich was disgustingly bad.