GM Joe Douglas & HC Robert Saleh Draft Press Conference (4/28) | New York Jets | 2022 NFL Draft

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I was kinda' pissed when they went WR over edge, but then they move up and get an edge anyway.  Gotta be an A+ first round.

I wasn't pissed as much as surprised...I went to bed after pick 10 (I had to get up for work this morning) feeling slightly nonplussed...but to wake up to the trade news this morning puts a whole different spin on Day 1, A+ for sure.

And you gotta love JD's big grin at the end there when asked if there is still top talent available in Round 2...Go get 'em Joe !

You know it is crazy but look at the late trade up to the first round. I mean look at it on paper with no actual names...just the picks.i mean I get why Tennessee did it. They get a top guy plus too more picks. All pretty good spot to get guys but after the pick the players I have to think Tennessee would be better off with the edge rusher.

I was just looking at it and thought to myself damn how does he make these moves all the whole making the other team feel good about what they re getting.

Just great job

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know it is crazy but look at the late trade up to the first round. I mean look at it on paper with no actual names...just the picks.i mean I get why Tennessee did it. They get a top guy plus too more picks. All pretty good spot to get guys but after the pick the players I have to think Tennessee would be better off with the edge rusher.

I was just looking at it and thought to myself damn how does he make these moves all the whole making the other team feel good about what they re getting.

Just great job

Found a draft value chart on line thathad the compensation as being spot on.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Found a draft value chart on line thathad the compensation as being spot on.

right exactly but at the end of the day i feel like our picks in that deal will be far superior. idk just seemed like we got a hell of a deal, trade our 2nd for a 1st and then just go from early third to late third plus late rounder. I just dont know why they woudnt want the edge rusher them selves.

58 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

right exactly but at the end of the day i feel like our picks in that deal will be far superior. idk just seemed like we got a hell of a deal, trade our 2nd for a 1st and then just go from early third to late third plus late rounder. I just dont know why they woudnt want the edge rusher them selves.

The fact that we traded back into the 1st round and still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick ourselves is unbelievable.  Joe D is a magician.

9 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting that the Jets called every team between 15 and 26 trying to move up for Johnson.

JD has to be giddy that he eventually got him at 26, and for such a good price in the trade.

Just brilliant.

I would say Yes, I think he was ?

• Upvote 1