### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

14 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I would still bet on Pickens and Watson potential, gives us a chance to cut bait with Corey Davis after next year

What can Watson do that mims can’t? That are basically the same player. Raw route runners, tall, fast. Mims is probably stronger for 50/50 balls

Just now, BurntDice said:

What can Watson do that mims can’t? That are basically the same player. Raw route runners, tall, fast. Mims is probably stronger for 50/50 balls

Watson is better with the ball in his hands. But I get your point. We're going from one project to another. Those type of guys are worth the gamble with an establish QB. Not one that's trying to figure things out. 

4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Watson is better with the ball in his hands. But I get your point. We're going from one project to another. Those type of guys are worth the gamble with an establish QB. Not one that's trying to figure things out. 

Exactly. We already have YAC guys in Moore, and Wilson. Davis is the possession guy. Mims can be a possession guy is he gets his sh*t together but he also has speed to beat guys over the top. 

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

f it. sky moore or wandale robinson. our receivers would be set for the next decade

Idk man. I don’t really want any more wrs this draft. With the 2 TEs just signed there won’t be a lot of snaps for someone else. 

I also want to give mims another shot. He’s still cheap and oozing with physical upside. 

My hope is that he can improve so we can cut Davis next year and it’ll be 

Wilson 

Mims

Moore

Berrios 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

I think a trade up is the only way they get Dean. I dont see him getting past, well, most of the 5 teams who pick 33 to 37, but hope Im wrong.

I know Dean was a great college player, but a lot of us here complain that our LB corps is too small. He's only 225 lbs. What makes you guys think he'll hold up as a NFL MLB and how is he much different then the guys we drafted last year (that converted from S)?

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Drafting a RB here is one of those things where I would be surprised but not shocked. They look at Carter as a legit RB1 but as we saw yesterday, they drafted Sauce despite really liking Hall and Echols because they think he has superstar potential. 

I would think Hall over Walker, but I don't know any specifics there. 

More likely, I'm expecting a day 3 RB. 

Connor Hughes kept on saying they didn’t really like hall or Echols as a #1 or #2 and they were viewed as solid depth/ #4 guys 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Idk man. I don’t really want any more wrs this draft. With the 2 TEs just signed there won’t be a lot of snaps for someone else. 

I also want to give mims another shot. He’s still cheap and oozing with physical upside. 

My hope is that he can improve so we can cut Davis next year and it’ll be 

Wilson 

Mims

Moore

Berrios 

I know we probably need help at other positions, but i dont have much faith in mimms and davis will probably be gone after this year

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

I know we probably need help at other positions, but i dont have much faith in mimms and davis will probably be gone after this year

I really like wandale Robinson, but he would completely replace berrios who just signed. He just seems like a much better version of him 

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Which means we were sold a bill of goods and they want top level CBs in this system. 

With how the D is coming together with a pretty dang good backfield and a good DL it should make it difficult for offenses to get the ball moving 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

If he’s available, I think he’s going to be the pick. He’s a guy they coached (and loved) at the Senior Bowl, fits the kind of profile they’re looking for in terms of style and upside, and can slide right into Fatukasi’s role. 

I would be surprised to see LB, even with Dean still there. RB is a very interesting debate, but more likely I think that happens on Day 3.

I have not done nearly as much digging this year as I have in the past, but here’s my shot at a Day 2-3 Jets mock draft… 

TRADE: 2(38) to BAL for 2(45) and 4(119) 
TRADE: 4(111) to CAR for 6(199) and 2023 4th

2(45) DT Travis Jones
3(101) OL Luke Goedeke 
4(117) TE Jeremy Ruckert 
4(119) S Alontae Taylor 
5(146) RB Pierre Strong 
6(199) OL Matt Waletzko

I'd be on board with that.

2 hours ago, football guy said:

If he’s available, I think he’s going to be the pick. He’s a guy they coached (and loved) at the Senior Bowl, fits the kind of profile they’re looking for in terms of style and upside, and can slide right into Fatukasi’s role. 

I would be surprised to see LB, even with Dean still there. RB is a very interesting debate, but more likely I think that happens on Day 3.

I have not done nearly as much digging this year as I have in the past, but here’s my shot at a Day 2-3 Jets mock draft… 

TRADE: 2(38) to BAL for 2(45) and 4(119) 
TRADE: 4(111) to CAR for 6(199) and 2023 4th

2(45) DT Travis Jones
3(101) OL Luke Goedeke 
4(117) TE Jeremy Ruckert 
4(119) S Alontae Taylor 
5(146) RB Pierre Strong 
6(199) OL Matt Waletzko

I'd be on board with that.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Jack Coan goes before Malik Willis, I’ll be in contention.

If that happens, you are definitely in the wrong business.? I think we are in a decent spot to possibly do a trade down with #38 if somebody gets antsy about one of the QB's. Would be nice to get an extra 2 or 3, or both.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For all the talk about how "QBs will always be taken in round 1" and "we can trade down at #4 or #10 for a QB", there was only 1 taken last night and I think he was taken at pick #20 (Steelers/Pickett). 

Last time only 1 QB was selected in the 1st rd was in 2000... NY Jets Chad Pennington.

Just now, section314 said:

If that happens, you are definitely in the wrong business.? I think we are in a decent spot to possibly do a trade down with #38 if somebody gets antsy about one of the QB's. Would be nice to get an extra 2 or 3, or both.

The Seahawks need another tackle, Seattle is known for its food scene, great WiFi and clean weed, and have picks 40 and 41. Make it happen, Tanny!

• Haha 1