### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why is that?  We arguably got the top CB, WR and gang-banger all in the 1st round!

But we didn’t.

Jermaine didn’t just accidentally fall from top 10 all the way to the 20’s. He fell because teams didn’t want him. For a reason.

I saw the Bills GM say in a roundabout way that he didn’t even have a first round grade on him.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I know people like to make fun of the Jets BUT last night nobody can say anything negative.  Giants and Ravens did well but the Jets crushed everyone.  We got 3 top 10 players and still have a good amount of picks left including a high second

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

My only concern about Hall is he had a lot of college carries in his career so there is some tread off his tires already.

A big back like Robinson (Alabama) who may not be as athletic but has less wear and tear could be had in round 3 or 4.

But with Michael Carter, Hall doesnt have to be a workhorse at the NFL level.  You can split the carries down the middle 50/50.

I found this on him:

NFL comparison

When I watch Hall, I'm reminded of prime Arian Foster. Like Foster, I think Hall would best fit a Shanahan-esque one-cut and go zone-based blocking system. He has Foster's patience and even provides as much or more breakaway ability -- with a thicker frame and better yards after contact ability than Foster had.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, football guy said:

If he’s available, I think he’s going to be the pick. He’s a guy they coached (and loved) at the Senior Bowl, fits the kind of profile they’re looking for in terms of style and upside, and can slide right into Fatukasi’s role. 

I would be surprised to see LB, even with Dean still there.

As a UCONN alum myself, I'd definitely be on board with replacing one UCONN guy (Foley) with another (Jones).  Shutting down the run was an issue for us last year, and I'm not sure we've solved that problem with the players we've signed / drafted so far.

If we don't end up drafting a quality LB in the next couple of days, we can sign Kwon Alexander, who we had in for a FA visit a couple of weeks ago, as a stopgap / depth, or more if he has anything left in the tank.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Could you imagine having a kid whos 6'1, 220lbs and runs a 4.39 platooning with Michael Carter????????????

That 4.39 speed doesn’t show up in games imo. You’re paying for Leo Fournette, basically. I see the Jets more focused in the trenches at #38

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

Jermaine didn’t just accidentally fall from top 10 all the way to the 20’s. He fell because teams didn’t want him. For a reason.

I saw the Bills GM say in a roundabout way that he didn’t even have a first round grade on him.

Their loss

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I do want the sexy pick at rb but they’re going d again in round 2 and truth they do need it.  They will take another rb early round 4.

I'm not sure we really do.  We have added 4 new starters and are getting Lawson back for a fifth.  5 upgrades.  It's not the 72 Steelers, but that's a lot of improvement.  I would be really disappointed if this defense wasn't at least at the median next season.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

Agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Wilson is not a yac guy at least he wasn't really used that way at OSU. Christian Watson brings size and is a YAC monster used in many ways like Elijah Moore was being used last year by Lafleur

Idk if you subscribe to jetsxfsctor (I highly recommend it) they review plenty of tape of him being great at YAC. https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/04/14/garrett-wilson-raw-intriguing-wr-potential-ny-jets-film/amp/

39 minutes ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

Pass rush win rate?

45 minutes ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

Fell ?   Who exactly said he was top 10 ?

50 minutes ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

The same bills GM that drafted Epenesa who can't crack a starting lineup 

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

1. coaching staff luv williams so will be hard pressed for rookie to beat him out (let alone 2 safety converts) so will be ST

2.  Dont blame the run game on LBs .IMO you sh/be blaming Saleh's wide-9 / zone system. or the lack of coaching needed to play it

Watch Quincy Williams’ game vs Indy last year when the Jets gave up 600 yards and you’d never put Williams on the field again.

That said, I like him. He’s young, he’s athletic, he’s still learning. But this team really needs a quality starting LB added to it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure we really do.  We have added 4 new starters and are getting Lawson back for a fifth.  5 upgrades.  It's not the 72 Steelers, but that's a lot of improvement.  I would be really disappointed if this defense wasn't at least at the median next season.

DB’s Sauce Reed Whitehead Joyner 

LB Dean or Muma or Harris or Smith or Andersen or Asamoah or Tindell or Chanel

DL Lawson, JJ

2 hours ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

Yeah the bills that are still searching for a pass rusher after drafting a pile of the last two years.

2 hours ago, Facts said:

But we didn’t.

@Facts everything you post is negative. You just need to go Fact yourself or learn how to properly troll from @T0mShane. He has refined it to an art. He may even be offering off-season discounts on how to troll.

Ok so Bucs, Vikes, Titans, Giants and Texans go before we pick. Who they taking? And who falls to us?

I can see the Bucs, Vikes or Giants taking a QB. Would be great if 2 QB’s go before our pick. 

Does JD trade back to recoup the picks lost last night?  Can’t wait