### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Agreed. Still had some more pressing needs, and that 5th coulda been used for a depth/developmental player, but I won't complain about stacking up this offense. That's what I wanted in the first place.

We got two young, seemingly talented RBs in Hall and Carter.

There are a lot of veteran FA out there still. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wow. 

just wow. 

Not what I would’ve done - bit of a luxury pick, but it is what it is… 

RB room is fcking loaded now. 

It is in a way but other than carter our rbs are trash.  We have numbers but none of those guys are especially good at all.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So, JD said it was all about the Zack's growth; he got Zack a quick WR with good YAC and body control and a quick RB that can pass protect. So, he gives Zack 2 weapons for quick dump offs and a little more protection. I guess we had to wait a year, but it looks like all Gas no Brakes.

The bold is so important. That's what I really miss about Bilal Powell.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Agreed. Still had some more pressing needs, and that 5th coulda been used for a depth/developmental player, but I won't complain about stacking up this offense. That's what I wanted in the first place.

We got two young, seemingly talented RBs in Hall and Carter.

The only pressing need now is LB 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

There are a lot of veteran FA out there still. 

And we have the cap space to sign them; didn't give away draft capital or cap space for the weapons - he got them the old fashioned way - draft them....

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wow. 

just wow. 

Not what I would’ve done - bit of a luxury pick, but it is what it is… 

RB room is fcking loaded now. 

Yep. Would’ve went with a different player, but Hall is a good player and the Jets have to be able to run on people at will. Pretty clear the Jets are going to run a ton of 12 and 21 this year. Get ahead and stay ahead baby. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Wow! Great pick and this is a fantastic draft. Love JD getting aggressive and moving up to snare two excellent players who other Jets GM's would have waited and lost out.

He learned from the mistakes of his 1st draft.  Just getting better at it, dude is awesome 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Same here. 

Can't hate it too much. The Jets offence has been a horror show since Favre's arm fell outside a few Fitzmoments. 

When was the last time this offence was so stacked with weapons? Quality and depth. All on Zach now. 

They’re going to lead the league in rushing attempts by about 20%. Zach just has to be Jimmy Garoppolo.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

just to be clear, we have one pick in the third and two in the fourth and we are done? not complaining this draft has been everything i could of wanted

Douglas can always trade back and get more picks. 

• Upvote 2

I'm shocked we went RB this early. I felt for sure we were waiting until day 3 for a RB.

Great player though, and he will be a terrific complement to Carter.

Jets have a legit O...amazing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Breeze hall isn’t a run of the hill RB though. 4.3 217 doesn’t fumble soft hands out of the backfield. #1 prospect at the position. Some positions are down to second and third tier prospects…

I hear you. But they hear RB and cringe regardless of who it is. Listening to the PFF broadcast and they said they don't like the pick. They didn't dwell on it though. And one guy was like he understands the pick.

• Upvote 1