### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The only pressing need now is LB 

Probably, yeah.

Coaches might also be higher on Quincy Williams than we are. Still plenty of time to find another body to put out there. It's not like Quincy is without talent.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

It was obviously a good thing that Woody got more involved with this draft. Nothing spells success like an involved johnson

this is the action of a man who has serious pressure to win games this year. the rebuild is over.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agreed. I definitely want to draft a back, but I’m pretty confident in my ability to find Aaron Joneses in the 5th

There’s always TEs.  Your chances of hitting on that one is pretty Likely, too.

• Haha 1

Ok our next pick is 101. Someone said Asomoah would be perfect for Saleh’s defense. He projected to go 93. Others projected to be available: WR Austin, OT Waletzko, TE Otton, TE Woods, OT Kinnard, 

OR does JD trade up yet again for a LB: Chanel, Andersen, Tindall

This offense is gonna be exciting. Improving the offense is important because it’s gonna show us whether or not Zach is the guy. Then if he is, we do what we need to do on defense, which isn’t half bad right now due to the secondary. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Irish Jet said:

The criticism is legitimate.

It's a fun pick more than it's a good one. 

Last year when carter got hurt the running game stalled.  They again had the worst rbs in the nfl except for maybe the giants.  It’s a bad pick until the guy catches a 3rd and 8 and takes it for 15 yards. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's a much better prospect at rb than Wilson at WR.. and that's not a knock on Wilson. If this was 10 years ago he goes top 5.

Agree. In todays football he is not what he would of been worth back in the day. Top 5 back in that day. 

1 minute ago, doitny said:

this is the action of a man who has serious pressure to win games this year. the rebuild is over.

Most accurate statement in this thread. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

@Facts everything you post is negative. You just need to go Fact yourself or learn how to properly troll from @T0mShane. He has refined it to an art. He may even be offering off-season discounts on how to troll.

It’s not trolling to have a differing opinion. And i’m not always negative. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Douglas can always trade back and get more picks. 

Lot of discussion that beyond round 4 it’s basically UDFA’s.  Jets also had numbers on their roster so are looking at quality not quantity in this draft.  Still concerned about o-line depth.  And LB depth.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Probably, yeah.

Coaches might also be higher on Quincy Williams than we are. Still plenty of time to find another body to put out there. It's not like Quincy is without talent.

More importantly there is a lot of depth at LB in this draft. Dean is awesome but as a general rule LBer impact has lesser variance than most other positions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

rachel dratch snl GIF

We’re you on this forum in 2018 when Sam was drafted?

I was, but I hadn’t signed up yet. Just read.

It was mayhem.

People talking about Super Bowls.

How did that turn out?

Im jaded.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sad 1