### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Probably, yeah.

Coaches might also be higher on Quincy Williams than we are. Still plenty of time to find another body to put out there. It's not like Quincy is without talent.

whats funny is we can still get the best TE in this draft if we trade up again. I know we signed 2 but just Imagine.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

More importantly there is a lot of depth at LB in this draft. Dean is awesome but as a general rule LBer impact has lesser variance than most other positions.

100% agree. Lb is like the rb of the defense, unless they are a pass rusher

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Most accurate statement in this thread. 

I don't know if it's necessarily feeling pressure as much as it is part of "The Plan."

Those of us that believed in what Joe was doing - this was the year to get aggressive and make a move to ramp the team up...

2 year tear down - then go and build.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The criticism is legitimate.

It's a fun pick more than it's a good one. 

I don't know. I think we've gone overboard on the RB value stuff. If he becomes a top 5 RB, it's worth a 2nd round pick. It's similar to the Guard and CB debates. From a value perspective, it's risky. But if we think Breece Hall can be a top 5 RB, then get him.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Last year when carter got hurt the running game stalled.  They again had the worst rbs in the nfl except for maybe the giants.  It’s a bad pick until the guy catches a 3rd and 8 and takes it for 15 yards. 

He's a running back. It's the easiest position in the league to plug and play. Every year you see UDFA's and lowly drafted guys thriving behind good O-lines. 

I'm shocked we did and I'm going to love the player but RB doesn't suddenly become a premium position because you want it to and people are always going to question taking them early unless it's an absurd Adrian Peterson type. 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

More importantly there is a lot of depth at LB in this draft. Dean is awesome but as a general rule LBer impact has lesser variance than most other positions.

That's good to know. I don't know any of the other prospects. The only name I've heard is Dean, although there was a tweet outlining his injury history, so Hall may have been the best value there.

I'm pretty stoked, regardless.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

He's a running back. It's the easiest position in the league to plug and play. Every year you see UDFA's and lowly drafted guys thriving behind good O-lines. 

I'm shocked we did and I'm going to love the player but RB doesn't suddenly become a premium position because you want it to and people are always going to question taking them early unless it's an absurd Adrian Peterson type. 

How many times have the jets lost to teams with very good running backs?  Why can’t the jets have one too?  They touch the ball a lot every game, the impact games.  

• Upvote 1