### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, JTJet said:

That's not the compliment you think it is 

It's not even close to a good compliment. Kiper sucks. He still hit on at least 2 picks, which is probably better than most of us could say

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

The picks that were to be apart of the Tyreek deal pretty much ended up being JJ, Breece, and Ruckert. These guys need to obviously play great, but as of now I'm more than delighted with the way things ended up.

Hence why I was so against making that deal or the Deebo deal.  Building through the draft leads to long term success if you do it right.

Watch how the tyreke deal blows up in the dolphins face.  it is going to be glorious.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Have a safe drive!

Normally I'd say listening to Jets draft picks being announced while driving is dangerous, what with the possibility of giving you the sudden urge to drive into oncoming traffic, but I think you'll be safe.

I’m an excellent driver. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Has Zach made excuses in the past? 

Why highlight him? Shouldn't there be no excuses for everyone?

He's a member of the team like anyone else.

I don’t believe they are referring to Zach personally making excuses. It is they have surrounded Zach with the tools he needs so there isn’t an external reason for him to be able to develop and reach his full potential. 

And, there hopefully there aren’t any significant holes on the team for anyone to make an excuse. Zach is always going to be under greater scrutiny because he plays the most important position on the team. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I can't recall ever feeling so happy about a draft, or a draft where so many of the picks were guys I personally wanted and consistently mocked to us.

It's a wonderfully nice feeling to go "yeah *fist shake*!!!" at almost every pick in a draft.

Hell yes. It’s been a minute since I’ve been this excited about a draft. 

Last year I thought that Douglas had the best draft of his career

Boy how I could be wrong

I guess now we get to see how good fans are at picking players, because most of these picks were essentially what we wanted

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

Shout out to @Mogglez !!! 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

tv land kiss GIF by #ImpastorLos Angeles Dodgers Kiss GIF by MLB

First year the intel is this clean and I didn’t bet d*ck.  I’m genuinely on cloud 9 with this draft but mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, hahahaha.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

Ruckert is Chris Simms top rated tight end 

I remember reading he was killing it at the Senior Bowl. Maybe it was a good thing he went home early with a foot injury so other teams didn’t see him perform as much. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This feels like the best draft I have ever seen. I think because of the positions we are drafting...all sexy picks...

Feels good as a fan

Feels like it's going to be the best Jet draft of all time.

6 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I remember reading he was killing it at the Senior Bowl. Maybe it was a good thing he went home early with a foot injury so other teams didn’t see him perform as much. 

“Foot injury” he did the drills and left like a smart guy lol 

TE room goes from the worst in the NFL to good.   That’s a crazy swing.  

Also JD protected Zach by getting more receivers without breaking the asset bank for a WR1.   They can run 2 TE sets whenever needed so a creative solution.  Would not have been my top pick for dealing with WRs but still looks like a workable plan.  I hope Corey Davis does well and WR1-4 is set for years.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

TE room goes from the worst in the NFL to good.   That’s a crazy swing.  

What about the secondary?  Worst to potentially very good is Sauce is as good as advertised. 

Completely rebuilt! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Has Zach made excuses in the past? 

Why highlight him? Shouldn't there be no excuses for everyone?

He's a member of the team like anyone else.

I agree with you but I understand what they’re saying here. The narrative last year was it’s hard to judge the rookie QB with such a poor roster around him. Now with so many upgrades we can more accurately judge his performance. It’s not about him making excuses but rather people in the past making excuses for him. If he doesn’t make big strides now it’s a reflection on his talent and potential not on those around him. 

Adding Ruckert's blocking to the already upgraded OL, on top of adding the top RB in the draft is going to be a MAJOR upgrade for the running game!  And we also potentially added the top WR in the draft!

Of course, it's the Jets luck that the world is going to sh-t.  

Hide in plain sight. Ruckert is the best kept secret that was in front of everybody’s eyes but because Ohio State did not feature TE as an offense weapon he snuck underneath the radar. I know I’m biased  but the Jets selected the best CB the best WR the best RB and now the best TE in this draft

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1