Joe Douglas - Give this man a long term extension

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I’m just saying, everyone is freaking out about these picks as if we have any clue how they’ll turn out.

Anyone who has been a Jets fan for decades has healthy skepticism of our drafted players actually becoming who they should be.

And we still have Bieber at QB and that’s the most important position.

I've been a Jets fan for five decades and I went to bed with a big smile on my face last night and woke up with an even bigger one.

Anyone being negative about our haul last night really needs psychological help. Please find some joy in life.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Frankly, even the 2020 draft wasn't bad GMing. The process was spot on. High-end athletes with real upside at positions of need

People don't like to hear it, but over time you'd rather have good process (even if it gives bad results at first) over good results that came from a bad process

Wait, it's better to be competent than lucky??

2 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

Most of you guys are never happy, but this is the best GM we have ever had, by far.  2020 draft stunk (old coaching regime, Covid), but the last 2 drafts are fantastic.  His moves and trades are fantastic.  Give this man a long term extension.  Go Jets.

You r kidding right? .. I hope!  I am not a JD hater or lover, but he needs to prove himself based on the product and RESULTS on the field.  so far the results are subpar - we need to see improvement and a trend in that direction before we even discuss extension.  If we see that improvement this year and the trend move in the right direction, then ok.  But premature to consider right now.

Jets and Mets, the preview is always better than the movie ?, but in all seriousness on paper that was one of the best drafts I have seen the jets pull off, it realistically takes a couple of years to really see if it was a good draft or not. But if you are complaining about what JD did last night you have an agenda against him. Jet Up!

3 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

Most of you guys are never happy, but this is the best GM we have ever had, by far.  2020 draft stunk (old coaching regime, Covid), but the last 2 drafts are fantastic.  His moves and trades are fantastic.  Give this man a long term extension.  Go Jets.

I think it may be wise to wait and see if his various moves actually result in wins.

The rebuild is, for all intents and purposes, over after this draft.  We ARE rebuilt in JD's design.

If we start looking like a competitive, winning team in 2022 that is markedly improving/headed up as the season goes on, that's the first step.

If we have a good offseason next year, NOT "rebuilding", but focusing like good teams do, and we have a winning, playoff-type season in 2023, that's step 2.

At that point, JD will be going into 2024 as his final contract year.  Before that starts is when we make a decision on extending him.  Not now.