Boomer said this morning that he believes Debo…

31 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

I am with you. What Joe did yesterday was exactly what this team needed.  Can still add one more quality starter tonight as well.  Trading for an overrated WR with one year of production was never the answer. 

Not only the trade but then paying the guy something like 25 mil is just freaking absurd. There were a ton of high quality receivers picked last night who could potentially be just as good for a fraction of the cost. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Kind of over the whole Deebo thing now.

We have a good young core of WRs. Corey Davis will probably be gone after this year unless he really shines and we can fill that in free agency or draft next year.

Don't see the need for Deebo now.

That’s why you maybe consider trading Davis as part of a package for Deebo.  Losing Davis offsets more than half of Deebo’s salary, and you’d have the Deebo / G. Wilson / Moore combination locked up for at least 3 years.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

John Lynch is the clown, not Deebo.

Lynch is another one of those notorious Jets haters, when he wouldn't even play for one of his best friend's teams the one whose father is the HC and whose son he is Godfather to...then there is no way ...forget about getting Deebo

Has anyone seen the commercial on NFLN where it shows Deebo working out as he talks about Garret Wilson. He says you are just like me, you can catch run etc. While showing Wilson highlights. Just found it strange, I saw it last night after the draft and then again today. I by no means think it has anything to do with him being traded to the Jets but definitely ironic since the trade never happened. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think a major factor is the money

@bla bla bla and @GREENBEAN were talking about this last night - Teams are starting to say - why pay a WR 25+ million per year when good WRs are available in the draft every year for a fraction of the cost? Confident GMs are going to gamble on their ability to find suitable WRs in the draft. 

This.

These skyrocketing co$ts$ for top ten wideouts...pushes them pretty close to the QB market price.  Therefore GMs are going to favor cheap rookie WR contracts over near QB CAP hits to keep them.  

This is what just played out in this draft...with a 1st round run at WR...and the AJ trade. 

It also raises the franchise tag price way higher.  If you have a WR that's top 15-25 type wideout...wants a huge contract...do you franchise him or trade-release him?  You try and trade them...use that pick...for a cheap rookie contract. 

This is the new merry-go-round at the WR position.  Don't pay 'em...trade them.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think SF shot themselves in the foot by not accepting an offer yesterday. They're going to end up w/less or a player who doesn't want to be there IMO.

Especially with the AJ Brown trade, they let someone else set the market lower than they want it to be.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, MykePM said:

Watch out for Deebo to the Ravens.  They were rumored to have made an offer early on in the process… and then they traded away their #1 receiver.

He would be perfect in that offense - especially if he is still fine with the hybrid WR/RB role. 

But if he isn't....I don't see it value in that offense.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Impossible. I heard on this very site that Joe D knew this was a terrible move and he did the smarter thing of drafting his own.

Joe D turned down KC for Hill

Joe D turned down SF for Deebo

etc.

#facts

What Joe D did was not make an offer the 49ers couldn't refuse.  He made his offer which the 49ers didn't accept and Joe did the right thing by not offering more. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

No.  That tweet was misleading.  The ask appeared to have been the 10, plus additional picks that put it well beyond what was traded for Hill and Adams.  Jets rightly told SF to kick rocks.  Now they are sitting on a disgruntled star that they will either have to pay (see AJ Brown money and look up from there), trade for a reduced return, or franchise next year.  

Not my circus.  Not my monkey.

Exactly... the 49ers Miscalculated and now they are trying to make it as if the Jets somehow did something.

It is a joke!

No one has correctly indicated what the real problem is and I will state it here clearly.......... 

The issue is the 49er's are NOT WILLING to give Deebo Samuel the GUARANTEED MONIES he is looking for...again the 49er's are NOT WILLING  to pay him!

The total package is or can be misleading because the 49ers ARE NOT WILLING to give him the GUARANTEED MONIES while at the same time asking Deboo to take extra abuse and sooooooooo...................... he is saying TRADE ME!

Which despite the foolishness of some is an eminently reasonable position to take!

The only reason folks speak like this is to some degree because they can deflect it off on the Jets.... But a NEW DAY IS COMMING!!

Let's Go Jets!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Exactly... the 49ers Miscalculated and now are trying to make it as if the Jets somehow did something.

It is a joke!

No one has correctly indicated what the real problem is and I will state it here clearly.......... 

The issue is the 49er's are NOT WILLING to give Deebo Samuel the GUARANTEED MONIES he is looking for...again the 49er's are NOT WILLING  to pay him the guaranteed monies!!

The total package is or can be misleading because the 49ers ARE NOT WILLING to give him the GUARANTEED MONIES while at the same time asking Deboo to take extra abuse and sooooooooo...................... he is saying TRADE ME!

Which despite the foolishness of some is an eminently reasonable position to take!

Will be interesting to see if they continue to Bum Phillips him and he starts to refuse to run certain plays.  I can't imagine it would come to that, but things certainly sound tense out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

What Joe D did was not make an offer the 49ers couldn't refuse.  He made his offer which the 49ers didn't accept and Joe did the right thing by not offering more. 

He offered at least one high draft pick for a veteran WR who needs a mega-expensive new contract. He did it probably 3-4 times. 

I’m not at all finding fault with him for doing so. What’s ridiculous is the idea being thrown around that he’s smart for not paying so much $ for a WR, nor giving up a high draft pick or more, when that was precisely his goal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1