Ravens 1st Round

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I said this last night. 

Bozeman was a very cheap FA they should’ve re-signed before the draft, whether they were looking to upgrade the position or not.

This was a self-inflicted wound by unnecessarily creating an outright hole at center, then they traded away their top WR to fill that hole.

The only player on the team who’s spoken out about it (Jackson) is livid. He was furious when they traded Brown away, followed by additional anger and/or utter confusion when that was done to draft a center.

The Linda Baum fan club on here will be holding a minute's silence ahead of Round 2 starting. :D  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like the Ravens are going to be praised for making smart picks in the 1st round (Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Linderbaum).  The funny thing is that, if the Jets took the same players, people would be freaking out about how dumb these picks were.

Now, I realize that every team has their own needs so there would certainly be some justification for those comments based on that.  But I still feel like if we take the "needs" piece out of the equation, people would still say (if the Jets took these guys) "you don't draft a safety that high" and "Linda Baum has short arms, is kind of light, and there are other good C in the draft".  

image.png.86e17914042d787a8227daedc71b0188.png

I love Hamilton.  I think he's going to be great and at 14 it's a great pick.  Linderbaum, who I think will be real good may have went a little early.   People freaking out about a draft pick that hasn't played is stupid.  Praise and draft grades don't impact results.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like the Ravens are going to be praised for making smart picks in the 1st round (Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Linderbaum).  The funny thing is that, if the Jets took the same players, people would be freaking out about how dumb these picks were.

Now, I realize that every team has their own needs so there would certainly be some justification for those comments based on that.  But I still feel like if we take the "needs" piece out of the equation, people would still say (if the Jets took these guys) "you don't draft a safety that high" and "Linda Baum has short arms, is kind of light, and there are other good C in the draft".  

image.png.86e17914042d787a8227daedc71b0188.png

Probably, but that’s just narrative stuff that people like to say about the Jets.

To be fair, Baltimore did well.  Sure, positional value isn’t great at Safety and interior OL (although I’d argue that C is the second most important OL position after LT).  But the value for Baltimore was great.  Hamilton is a top 10-ish player.  At 14 that’s solid.  Linderbaum at 25 is also really good value IMO.  After all, the Jets took an OG at 14 last year.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Would be a great fit in that offense. 

I keep seeing this comment from folks. Deebo is a guy you all wanted for $25m per year and half our draft capital… for that cost ANY offense should be a good offense for him.

If he has to find a good fit, he’s not worth that price. Good gravy

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I keep seeing this comment from folks. Deebo is a guy you all wanted for $25m per year and half our draft capital… for that cost ANY offense should be a good offense for him.

If he has to find a good fit, he’s not worth that price. Good gravy

I never said anything you suggest here. 

I wasn’t insinuating that he needed a specific offense to be good in. Any OC worth their paycheck would be able to make it work with him because he’s a great weapon. I was saying that specific awesome he would be great in. 

I was a big fan of both of these picks, and given where they were had and how much draft capital the Ravens accrued..  Yea pretty flawless first round.  I mean it may or may not work out (the draft is ultimately a crapshoot) but the logic and maneuvering was flawless.

Overall, the Ravens are the 3rd in drafting over the past ten years and it shows:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33297949/nfl-draft-which-teams-gotten-best-value-2012-rank-all-32#BAL

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

They got the best rated safety & center. Two months ago both were being mocked into the top 10. 

The Jets and Baltimore combined got the best CB, S, C, WR, and RB in this Draft..... and two of the best Edge rushers in Jermaine Johnson and Ojabo.

Unreal.