The Jets have some swagger

Sauce and Wilson are A + characters and players. So excited about the both then.

I havent heard JJ in interview.  But when you start you college career at the Juco level, you know he is determined.

fyi - JJ was featured on Last Chance U on Netflix season 4. I’ll be checking that out.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lots of people won’t care.  That’s fine.  I do care however.  Lots of people will say win something first.  That’s fine and true.  I believe you gotta build the culture to do that.

The more I see of JD, Saleh and more specifically the players they bring in, they have some serious swagger.  They legit believe to a person they are the ones that can turn it around and as a collective mindset that is a huge piece of the puzzle.

image.thumb.jpeg.7aed20404d66016021c249cf2326368e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dcfe077defe7358dc08227f69263a034.jpeg
image.jpeg.5345ad8a27b4237fddad00facb04490f.jpeg

Swagged Out

Sauce and Wilson don't look comfortable.  Kills the swag.  Johnson on the other hand looks like he's having a ball.  Total swag.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Dudes wearing pearl necklaces is a thing now?

I’m out of touch…and thank God for that.

Not that you care, but there's a way to do a femme couture look, but Wilson's clearly uncomfortable.  Whoever dressed him for this misfired big time.

30 minutes ago, peebag said:

I chortled when Sauce got lost backstage.

Noticed that too.  Girl standing behind us at the Draft in a Raiders jersey said, “He can’t even follow his assignment!”  I turned around and told her, “Don’t worry about it.  He has makeup speed!”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

We have it….in abundance!

Watching the draft live up until pick 16 and then catching up today on all the interviews and aftermath I couldn’t help but be impressed by all 3 of our new guys. All 3 bring a little long needed swagger and pizzaz but still being respectful and articulate. Last year clean-cut Zach was all well and good and we might need a couple of old school ‘quiet types’ or ‘lunch pail guys’ today to balance things out but you need a little attitude in the mix and while it’s a fine line between that and tipping over into ‘character concerns’ I feel good about all 3 of these guys.

Sauce is just a character, he’s got superstar written all over him and maybe he’ll need some careful managing but he just has that ‘it’ factor….there may be a little diva but he comes off as fun and humble with a youthful verve and genuine belief in himself that is confidence rather than arrogance.

Wilson was hugely impressive, spoke well and comes off as a legitimate high character guy, but that suit!…oh my that suit was the sign that he has just the right amount of WR diva in him. I wasn’t totally convinced by him at 10 but I’m all in now, there’s no question he has some talent and the way the WR were going we did the right thing getting our guy there. I like how he and Olave are clearly good friends too and bounced off each other, shows both are good kids and good teammates

As for JJ, I’d heard there were potential character issues but he came across really well on-stage and afterwards when talking to the Jets reporter and seemed genuinely thrilled to be a Jet. I know this is all great for now and it’s all about when the pads go on but we’ve added a bit of edge (and I don’t mean edge the position) to our roster….these guys all have something about them. It’s exciting as hell

as a side note there’s just something about Thibodeaux that comes over as way too cocky, way too knowing…maybe he’ll be a superstar, maybe he’ll be like Odell but you can see where the scouts had their doubts about him….on the other hand , even though he’s gone to Detroit I really hope Hutchinson becomes a star, what an awesome human being he comes across as, the suit  with his lifetimes manifestations sewn into the lining by his mother is about as millennial/2022 as it gets but you can’t help but love the guy….I hope he goes on to greatness, just not when he plays against us 

I remember the Jets of Parcells being big and strong. 

The 2022 Jets seem a bit smaller than you want for a team playing in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  

We are going to need to hold onto Becton just to kept the average player size reasonable.  

They ALL put the TEAM 1ST... They ALL have the Team 1st Mentality... They All have Swagger but not in a negative way... Hopefully they build a Solid locker room & More importantly translate that to Multiple Super Bowl Victories!!!

Just listen to what they have to say after being drafted...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This board changed after last night.  Jet fans are now finding the strength to break through the fear and start believing again.  

Joe D is the chosen one.  It is safe Jet fans.  You can believe and will not be hurt again. 

Nestle yourself in the bosom of Joe.

i will only believe when they make the playoffs. i guess you can call it cautiously optimistic? idk

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lots of people won’t care.  That’s fine.  I do care however.  Lots of people will say win something first.  That’s fine and true.  I believe you gotta build the culture to do that.

The more I see of JD, Saleh and more specifically the players they bring in, they have some serious swagger.  They legit believe to a person they are the ones that can turn it around and as a collective mindset that is a huge piece of the puzzle.

image.thumb.jpeg.7aed20404d66016021c249cf2326368e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dcfe077defe7358dc08227f69263a034.jpeg
image.jpeg.5345ad8a27b4237fddad00facb04490f.jpeg

Swagged Out

I'm totally diggin' JJ !