Have we ever been this universally praised after any draft in franchise history?

Jet hustle

14 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Traveled to fl early this morning, donning my jet gear.   Got stopped several times .. airport, plane, even in Florida.. along with the media and so called experts slobbing us all day long.   everyone is excited and universally giving us.kudos ....

not really hard to nail 2 top 10 picks

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Your front office deserves it. The work in FA and then those 3 picks, with a high 2nd rounder to come, have made this a completely different team to the one that played last season.

Never mind the Dolphins, if Wilson takes a big jump this year it'll be Bills and Jets fighting for the division.

I mean the Pats are going to be dangerous with their new guard of course...

But what about Phooa Tua ?

2 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Your front office deserves it. The work in FA and then those 3 picks, with a high 2nd rounder to come, have made this a completely different team to the one that played last season.

Never mind the Dolphins, if Wilson takes a big jump this year it'll be Bills and Jets fighting for the division.

I mean the Pats are going to be dangerous with their new guard of course...

Good to see you again.

Hey, don't be a stranger!

• Haha 3

The general population are idiots the universal praise right now is what's scaring me....I'm convinced Burks will be the best WR in the draft because he fell and people gave the Titans a bad grade for the pick. lol

1 hour ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Came here to say this. Outside of the Brick/Mangold draft, the Jets have never been this universally praised for their first round as they have today. 

Not to be rude, but you gotta watch more drafts then. 

We get this much praise during the draft almost all the time. 

The thing I found surprising was that it seemed like most people (in the media) felt like the Giants, rather than us, had the best 1st round.  It certainly felt like they had a very good 1st round but we got 3 potential impact players to their 2.

I honestly couldn't care less but I just think it's interesting to note.

• Confused 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Obviously not the same team you do. But keep those horse blinders on. 

Lol nah bud, I've watched every Jets draft spanning decades. And even picks that have been great value have been truly stupid in the course of the long-term outlook of the team. Look to the past 20-30 years for most examples.

So again, yesterday's 1st round feels like the ONLY time over that timespan that the broader NFL world massively approves of what we did here, outside of 2006 with Brick and Mangold. We generally do not get that kind of love in post-draft analysis. 

Am I missing something? Is the hill you're dying on that NFL media approves of the Jets' moves every year as they just annihilate the draft annually? Clearly that's not the case. 

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Do we watch the same drafts?? 

Almost every other year, we get lauded for "winning" the draft. Then reality sets in after the season. 

Some of the reactions on here are insane. Not one of these players has played a single snap and people want to call it “the best draft ever” 

this is why Jets fans have the reputation they do 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Have not heard anyone boo the entire draft. Do you remember the reaction when the Jets picked Kyle Brady

When it was in NYC and whichever venue it was held at the room was full of Jets fans.  Its not the same anymore.  

Dolan screwed that up for Jets fans

12 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Some of the reactions on here are insane. Not one of these players has played a single snap and people want to call it “the best draft ever” 

this is why Jets fans have the reputation they do 

People were having kittens over the 2020 draft. It’s par for the course.

And while most of our picks have been praised pretty much every site that deals with advanced stats or analytics is sh*tting all over the Hall pick.