I wouldn't mind if we traded back

There will be some good players there for us at 38 but will they be in positions we want.  I also would like to trade down perhaps, if Dean is there i take him no question though.

I could also see us double dip at edge Ebekite and mafe are pretty enticing.

• Upvote 2

There's some starting material guys in the backend and 3rd round. 

There's a gamg of LBs to the point I'm not so sure why everyone is all-in on Dean. 

Chad Muma

Christian Harris

Channing Tindall *(late 3rd/early 4th)

Darrian Beavers * (late 3rd/early 4th)

This just the ones I favor. 

Jaquan Brisker, Kerby Joseph and Nick Cross are S we can insert to replace Davis. 

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It’s no longer the time to collect draft picks.  It’s time to cash in our chips and win now by continuing to acquire top talent.

We need a stud LB and shouldn’t get too cute if one is there at our current 2nd round pick.  We should be targeting a starter by no later than next year when we very very likely say bye to Mosley.  And a guy who can possibly start this year if the current stable of young guys can’t get it done.  

Third round is insurance OT or a run stopping DT.  

Fourth is the inverse of round 3 plus a RB.

We close with another LB.

A 3rd rounder is by all mean a premium draft pick. Also to state the obvious but the price you pay doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the outcome. 

There's tons of LB right now who should all have very near the same grade. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There will be some good players there for us at 38 but will they be in positions we want.  I also would like to trade down perhaps, if Dean is there i take him no question though.

I could also see us double dip at edge Ebekite and mafe are pretty enticing.

Either way we go I'll be happy. But if we trade down I don't want to hear any crying as expected as there's an abundance of talent from round 2-3. We'll even benefit from having two early 4ths to nap any 3rd round talent that"ll fall. Plus we had a huge benefit in coaching up the Senior Bowl. These coaches should know these prospects better then no other as far as landing a diamond in the rough. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we're only moving back a little and get another 3rd out of it, fine....otherwise take the big value and leave with as many starters as possible.

We need impact players

We got 3 impact players last night.  As we have seen every year you can find gems in the middle rounds.  If we can get another third without moving too far I’m game for it 

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It’s no longer the time to collect draft picks.  It’s time to cash in our chips and win now by continuing to acquire top talent.

We need a stud LB and shouldn’t get too cute if one is there at our current 2nd round pick.  We should be targeting a starter by no later than next year when we very very likely say bye to Mosley.  And a guy who can possibly start this year if the current stable of young guys can’t get it done.  

Third round is insurance OT or a run stopping DT.  

Fourth is the inverse of round 3 plus a RB.

We close with another LB.

That’s silly.  You can never have enough picks especially if you are getting great value in a trade down 

42 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I think the Jets would greatly benefit from a trade back.  

Our 38th overall pick is valued at 520 points. 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

Call me naive for having an abundance mindset. But for someone who spent alot of time scouting this class, it would favor us to have another premium pick. Last draft we had a handful of lowend picks to go shopping with and as a result we got some lowend year one production. 

Trading down in the 2nd round can outright land us a 3rd and possibly more depending how far down we go. 

For example; trading down to 52 with Pittsburgh would net us the 52nd and 84th overall picks.

If you can find a way to get BOTH the LB Chenel and the RB Hall with just our Pick #38, I am ALLLLLLLLLL ears. ?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Ebiketie and Travis Jones are worthwhile @ 38 IMO, but beyond that, I could trade down.

Travis Jones is a guy we coached in the Senior Bowl. If they want him they better get em. Would love to double up on a edge rusher. There's a ton of them remaining so if we're not looking to do so we better make a deal with a team who's targeting one. I can see a QB run starting as well.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That’s silly.  You can never have enough picks especially if you are getting great value in a trade down 

Not silly but fair point that yes if the value is overwhelmingly there, then I can see a trade down.  

Im just salivating at an opportunity getting the LB of their choice and don’t want to risk losing him to acquire another pick.  The reason I have this as a priority is because our LBs are our weak spot.  We have starters everywhere else but need another starter here.  Let’s be careful risking this for depth elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Not silly but fair point that yes if the value is overwhelmingly there, then I can see a trade down.  

Im just salivating at an opportunity getting the LB of their choice and don’t want to risk losing him to acquire another pick.  The reason I have this as a priority is because our LBs are our weak spot.  We have starters everywhere else but need another starter here.  Let’s be careful risking this for depth elsewhere.

Of course if their guy is there then take him.  However like I said you can Nederland have d ouch picks especially if you feel you can still get what you want some picks later 

Stick and pick another guy who can make an immediate impact.

If Douglas wants to start moving around in the 4th/5th and pick up some late round picks, that’s fine.

But I would save the wheeling and dealing for Day 3.

Breece Hall would be awesome and would basically complete the offense besides a little OL depth.

A Hall/Carter/Coleman rotation in the backfield with an improved OL and plenty of options in the passing game is putting Zach in a great position to make a big Year 2 leap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Call me naive for having an abundance mindset. But for someone who spent alot of time scouting this class, it would favor us to have another premium pick. Last draft we had a handful of lowend picks to go shopping with and as a result we got some lowend year one production. 

Trading down in the 2nd round can outright land us a 3rd and possibly more depending how far down we go. 

For example; trading down to 52 with Pittsburgh would net us the 52nd and 84th overall picks.

Praise Jesus9a118468-701c-4bc5-ae7a-93e94ff83336-lar

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Stick and pick another guy who can make an immediate impact.

If Douglas wants to start moving around in the 4th/5th and pick up some late round picks, that’s fine.

But I would save the wheeling and dealing for Day 3.

Breece Hall would be awesome and would basically complete the offense besides a little OL depth.

A Hall/Carter/Coleman rotation in the backfield with an improved OL and plenty of options in the passing game is putting Zach in a great position to make a big Year 2 leap.

Still possible he could move down and still get his guy 

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Like it!

We sacrificed a bit of quantity for quality last night by trading up for JJ. The Jets got 3 potential studs. Let’s now increase the quantity a bit. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Of course it’s possible but I wouldn’t want to potentially miss out on my guy just to pick up an extra 5th rounder who will likely turn out to be nothing more than OL or LB depth. 

I’m just not the tile to say “Hell No” to any sort of trade down.  I trust Douglas 

Hoping the Jets trade down to get more picks since, as many of you have said there are a ton of high quality players left. Would like to see them get Leo Chenal/Muma, Breece Hall/ Tyler Allegier, one of the available tight ends preferably Likely or Ferguson, and a highly rated DT. All of whom, with a few shrewd deals can be drafted