I wouldn't mind if we traded back

1 hour ago, jbt said:

Still need a lb, safety and swing tackle.  Also a rb, another edge, dt and wr would be nice so whatever they need to get this done 

Another Edge?  We have 6.  

1. JFM except when he slides inside on passing downs

2. JJ

3. Carl Lawson

4. Bryce Huff

5. Jacob Martin (FA pickup from Houston we signed to over $5M per year)

6. Vinny Curry

We do NOT need another Edge.  

We have a ton of depth at safety, likely don’t need more.  Pinnock, Joyner and Ashtyn Davis will compete for starting FS.  

I mean sure would love more WRs..  not the biggest need though.

Agree on LB, swing tackle, DT, and RB!!

• Upvote 2

Genuinely depends what they’re trying to do. I think they can still add guys who impact this team. On offense it’d be Hall or Walker if they think they can add at the running back position and defensively the main ones who come to mind are Dean, Jones, and Mafe or Ebiketie if they want to double dip at edge. Logan Hall is another. But that’s probably the group I’d be most interested in at 38.

That said, no issue with trade downs. Lots of guys are available. If they want tackle depth maybe a trade down and target Abraham Lucas. They can hit linebacker later too. Trade down and landing someone like Brisker would be nice. Even edge they could maybe land a redshirt in Ojabo later or Josh Paschall is another guy. If they double dip at WR that’d be a good trade down option.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Genuinely depends what they’re trying to do. I think they can still add guys who impact this team. On offense it’d be Hall or Walker if they think they can add at the running back position and defensively the main ones who come to mind are Dean, Jones, and Mafe or Ebiketie if they want to double dip at edge. Logan Hall is another. But that’s probably the group I’d be most interested in at 38.

That said, no issue with trade downs. Lots of guys are available. If they want tackle depth maybe a trade down and target Abraham Lucas. They can hit linebacker later too. Trade down and landing someone like Brisker would be nice. Even edge they could maybe land a redshirt in Ojabo later or Josh Paschall is another guy. If they double dip at WR that’d be a good trade down option.

Agree although I dont see us double dipping in WR unless they are moving on from Mims 

32 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Another Edge?  We have 6.  

1. JFM except when he slides inside on passing downs

2. JJ

3. Carl Lawson

4. Bryce Huff

5. Jacob Martin (FA pickup from Houston we signed to over $5M per year)

6. Vinny Curry

We do NOT need another Edge.  

We have a ton of depth at safety, likely don’t need more.  Pinnock, Joyner and Ashtyn Davis will compete for starting FS.  

I mean sure would love more WRs..  not the biggest need though.

Agree on LB, swing tackle, DT, and RB!!

There is a question I guess of where JFM is playing. Last year SF had more success with Arik Armstead, who played JFM’s position, playing inside more, basically what the Jets do in passing situations. And they haven’t replaced Fatukasi yet, which is where the DT need comes from.

Could definitely see DT and it’s kind of what I expect/think they should do here but if JFM plays inside primarily then edge is more important than if they’re going to continue running the same scheme.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Agree although I dint see us double dipping in WR unless they are moving on from Mims 

I think they’ll probably do it later if they do it at all. Figure Crowder and Cole out and only Wilson in now. They could use a developmental guy with X traits IMO. Probably not until that pick from Tennessee at the earliest. I’d be interested in Alex Pierce if he falls that far or Tyquan Thornton especially tomorrow. Romeo Doubs is another for tomorrow. And Justyn Ross. A few guys. Probably others I’m forgetting.

1 minute ago, derp said:

I think they’ll probably do it later if they do it at all. Figure Crowder and Cole out and only Wilson in now. They could use a developmental guy with X traits IMO. Probably not until that pick from Tennessee at the earliest. I’d be interested in Alex Pierce if he falls that far or Tyquan Thornton especially tomorrow. Romeo Doubs is another for tomorrow. And Justyn Ross. A few guys. Probably others I’m forgetting.

Yeah maybe Day 3 

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I think the Jets would greatly benefit from a trade back.  

Our 38th overall pick is valued at 520 points. 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

Call me naive for having an abundance mindset. But for someone who spent alot of time scouting this class, it would favor us to have another premium pick. Last draft we had a handful of lowend picks to go shopping with and as a result we got some lowend year one production. 

Trading down in the 2nd round can outright land us a 3rd and possibly more depending how far down we go. 

For example; trading down to 52 with Pittsburgh would net us the 52nd and 84th overall picks.

I hate the points system

Would you rather 

Elijah Moore 

Or

Devine deablo

Hunter long 

Dyami brown

Hint: the second package was worth more on draft Day.

4 hours ago, J_Smith said:

I actually prefer we stay put or trade up. Same style as last year, try to exit the draft with 4 day 1 starters. If we hit on a late rounder, that’s a bonus

Andddddd we did