Linebacker has to be 1st priority with these next two rounds.

Looking at the PFF ratings on the Jet Linebackers this has to be a must in the next two round. All three are below 50. Not good. Hopefully Nakobe Dean can land in our laps. But there are others to go after. Like my first round grade on Arnold Ebikitie of Penn St. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Looking at the PFF ratings on the Jet Linebackers this has to be a must in the next two round. All three are below 50. Not good. Hopefully Nakobe Dean can land in our laps. But there are others to go after. Like my first round grade on Arnold Ebikitie of Penn St. 

You’re not even trying this year. I hope all is well though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’re not even trying this year. I hope all is well though.

Where is he wrong?  How many 3rd and 20 screen passes going for first downs or 200+ yd rushing performances are acceptable?

• Upvote 2

Just now, peekskill68 said:

Where is he wrong?  How many 3rd and 20 screen passes going for first downs or 200+ yd rushing performances are acceptable?

Arnold Ebiketie is not an off-ball LBer which is what we need. He’s an edge player or DE in a 4-3. Listing him and Dean together is like listing John Abraham and Luke Keuchly and saying they play the same positions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Arnold Ebiketie is not an off-ball LBer which is what we need. He’s an edge player or DE in a 4-3. Listing him and Dean together is like listing John Abraham and Luke Keuchly and saying they play the same positions. 

Thanks for explaining.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Ebiketie can be a SAM linebacker. He has the Quickness and is a fantastic tackler. 

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Duh. Don’t people read players profiles. This is what caused Mac to draft Jamal Adams: decent box safety- can’t cover his grandmother if his life depended on it.

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Duh. Don’t people read players profiles. This is what caused Mac to draft Jamal Adams: decent box safety- can’t cover his grandmother if his life depended on it.

Duh what?  Why cant he play a SAM linebacker. Did you watch him at Penn St.? And a Sam LB may rush the passer, I am not talking about a Will Linebacker. 

11 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Ebiketie can be a SAM linebacker. He has the Quickness and is a fantastic tackler. 

This is not how the Jets deployed Ebiketie during the senior bowl. Its also not how the Jets use SAM LBers. Also Ebiketie is doesn’t have the lateral movement to play LBer in a 4-3. He also weighs 255 lbs. 

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

True, but I think JFM is shifting inside. So JFM, QR, and QR are manning dt. Whereas the LBs are kinda weak at this point. The LBs need starters, whereas the DL needs depth. 

LB starters?  They would be in for 1st down and then rotated out for a DB. 

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

True, but I think JFM is shifting inside. So JFM, QR, and QR are manning dt. Whereas the LBs are kinda weak at this point. The LBs need starters, whereas the DL needs depth. 

Thinking more of a legit planet theory NT type and better edge play would help too

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Too early for a RB.  I feel we can grab a good one in the 4th 

My thought process on this is the Jets really want to run the ball - been drafting and signing road grader OLmen....

Getting a RB that can really punish a D is move that seems to coincide with this strategy;

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

Thinking more of a legit planet theory NT type and better edge play would help too

The DL penetrates in this D to get after the QB. They aren't there to clog up the lanes for rush LBs, or thumper LBs to stop the run. Those big "planet NT" don't fit the scheme.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

The DL penetrates in this D to get after the QB. They aren't there to clog up the lanes for rush LBs, or thumper LBs to stop the run. Those big "planet NT" don't fit the scheme.

You could easily put a planet clogger in this scheme. They just don’t.