Jets Trade up to Pick 36, Snag Iowa State Running Back Breece Hall

Breece-Hall.jpg

Joe Douglas and the Jets aren’t playing games when it comes to building a strong supporting cast around quarterback Zach Wilson.  Gang Green moved up from pick 38 to 36 to select Iowa State running back Breece Hall.

A big play waiting to happen. Iowa State running back Breece Hall is the top back in this year's class. pic.twitter.com/yYEMAnOk2J

— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) April 29, 2022

The top back in this year’s class, Hall will likely become Gang Green’s top back in 2021 to run behind a re-built offensive line that includes pro-bowler Laken Tomlinson and what the Jets hope will be a healthy Mekhi Becton.

After adding wide receiver Garrett Wilson in round one, the Jets have, over the past two off-seasons, added multiple players that opposing defenses had better be able to account for.  Hall, Wilson and last year’s second-round pick Elijah Moore are all sub 4.4 40 players.

Hall ran for over 3,000 yards and a whopping 41 touchdowns over his final two collegiate seasons.  Also a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield, Hall posted over 500 yards and 5 TD’s in that same time frame.

The post Jets Trade up to Pick 36, Snag Iowa State Running Back Breece Hall appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

I was hoping we took him at 38 or Christian Watson, who went Green Bay in the trade up.  Hall is a BEAST and will make Zach a better player.   He also takes some of the pressure of of Carter, who is a bit injury prone. 

• Upvote 2

I thought the draft started at 8 and missed the pick. lol  Although I don't think RB at 38 is great value can't argue with getting Wilson more help and I think Hall is a stud....I'm not gonna complain about drafting exciting players after 50 years of drafting safeties and interior tackles.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Scary

FRjUdMkXMAEyJrn.jpg

Wow...

Becton and AVT on the right - Just look the F out with this kid..teams are going to have to play tight and the speed of Wilson and Moore...

Jesze.  Hall was key to set all of this up...cause he can take it to the house if you don't stop him early.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wow...

Becton and AVT on the right - Just look the F out with this kid..teams are going to have to play tight and the speed of Wilson and Moore...

Jesze.  Hall was key to set all of this up...cause he can take it to the house if you don't stop him early.  

Yup.  He was the last piece to the puzzle on offense.  That is why Joe tried to get back in the 1st for him.  He was that important to their plans.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  He was the last piece to the puzzle on offense.  That is why Joe tried to get back in the 1st for him.  He was that important to their plans.

It's interesting to have a GM that gets it.  Knows ha needs and goes and get it..isn't afraid to take a RB early. 

Fun to watch.  

I'm so used to stupid GM's - that I attacked Joe early in this draft and boy was I wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

The right choice in this spot!  Offensive league, surround Zach with weapons.  Arguably best RB in draft.  We have a solid line.  Offense runs off the run and play action game.  Offense is complete with the RB committee solidified, with depth.

Forget the “value” nonsense… this is the pick most likely to help the Jets succeed on offense.  Pick up a jag LB, Safety in the rest of free agency or next years draft.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Has a chance to have the biggest year one impact of the four draft picks so far. I thought the cleanest offensive skill player in the draft.

If he can be an elite back on a rookie deal while Zach Wilson is on his rookie deal as well…

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1