Jets Trade up to Pick 36, Snag Iowa State Running Back Breece Hall

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's interesting to have a GM that gets it.  Knows ha needs and goes and get it..isn't afraid to take a RB early. 

Fun to watch.  

I'm so used to stupid GM's - that I attacked Joe early in this draft and boy was I wrong.

It happens.  But as a fanbase we need to unite and get behind Post UK Woody, Douglas and Saleh.  We have been pretty rough on them but that time is over now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

It happens.  But as a fanbase we need to unite and get behind Post UK Woody, Douglas and Saleh.  We have been pretty rough on them but that time is over now.

I agree.  I've always been on board with The Plan....

It's all happening as predicted.  

IMO, It's really up to Zach now.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  I've always been on board with The Plan....

It's all happening as predicted.  

IMO, It's really up to Zach now.  

Im not concerned about Zach.  I know it was only 1 game but that game against Tampa showed me that this kid learned from his rough start.  Coaches will drill into him he doesnt have to be aaron rodgers or pat mahomes.  Just make easy throws and these playmakers will do all the work.

• Upvote 3

Being a kid in the 80s, the rb position was always my favorite.  I loved Freeman McNeil and Eric Dickerson.  

This has to be the 1st real stud rb the Jets have drafted since freeman mcneal.  This is going to be so exciting to be able to hand off to a back who can take it to the house on every touch,

I am estatic we have this kid.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Been a BIGXII guy from the get go. B. Hall has been a nightmare for every team in the BIGXII several years. Can do it all, very good pick on paper here. Literally terrorized every tea multiple ways. Will be starting day 1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please make sure you have loose fitting pants on before watching.  This kid is special.

I used to think you worked for Joe Douglas but after the way you called this draft I think you are Joe Douglas! Thank you Joe W. Namath, Thank you!

• Haha 1

Breece is the player I've been campaigning for. 

Jets want a 24/7 dominant run attack.  What a tag team Breece and Michael Carter will be.  Breece is a big athletic back with 4.39 speed.  And very good receiving skills.  

This addition makes this offense almost complete.  A dominant running game is the way to go against superior teams.  Keep the ball for long stretches.  Allowing  the defense to be fresh in that 4thQ to go after the QB.  And in a Shanahan WCO...a strong run attack makes play action way more effective because you execute both run and pass plays from the same exact formation.

IMO...this a home run pick.  

Download video

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Scary

FRjUdMkXMAEyJrn.jpg

Who’s ratings are those and how are they derived? 

What jumps out immediately is Saquan at #2 overall, while everyone else is late 1st or early/mid 2nd round. Just reinforces what some of us have been saying for years about a running back’s value proposition.

Hopefully Breece lives up to the billing. I’m excited.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Being a kid in the 80s, the rb position was always my favorite.  I loved Freeman McNeil and Eric Dickerson.  

This has to be the 1st real stud rb the Jets have drafted since freeman mcneal.  This is going to be so exciting to be able to hand off to a back who can take it to the house on every touch,

I am estatic we have this kid.

Wait, you were a kid in the 80s and therefore gen x? Always thought you like fought in Iwo Jima or something…like really old

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jets are having a very very good draft. I'm impressed that they pulled the trigger on Breece Hall. That was a critical piece in the offensive puzzle.

This was a very pleasant surprise.  We hear a lot about how CBs and RBs are devalued in our systems.  The Sauce pick wasn’t a total shock because he was BPA at that pick.  Coming into the draft, I thought that a 2nd starting-caliber RB would be necessary to take our offense to another level, but the theory that JD would wait until the 3rd or 4th round sounded right, so I didn’t get my hopes up.  I’m glad JD prioritized it higher than many thought he would.

• Upvote 1

This pick I didn't really understand I scratched my head a little bit and it's not because I don't like hall it just didn't feel like a pressing need to me. Carter had a pretty good season last year I thought we would build around him. Would have liked to see a safety but overall I am pretty thrilled with this draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1