Who gives a flying rats anus about Day 3?

Untouchable

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

How about we quit while we’re ahead before Joe Douglas demands $30 million a year?

Gardner, Wilson, Johnson, Hall and Ruckert?

I couldn’t have even pulled this sh*t off in one of those silly ass mock simulators.

Let’s quit while we’re ahead, mmkay?

Not a bad idea actually.  Trade for two 2023 3rds for these two 4ths. 

Depth at LBer? Hamsa and Sherwood in their 2nd year, surely both will be more ready physically than they were last year. 

Free Safety? Pinnock and possibly MC2 are candidates. Let's not forget about Ashtyn Davis. Depth at S is overblown. 

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

They have 111 and 117? Right?  I'm interested, I think a few players have slid who could help this team from depth and maybe even push for starting duties. 

Specifically;

DT - Perrion Winfrey - OU

OT - Daniele Faalele - Minn. 

OT/OG - Darrian Kinnard - Kentucky

DT - Neil Farrell - LSU

OT - Rasheed Walker - Penn St. 

ILB - Darrian Beavers - Cinci

DT - Matthew Butler - TN

Good list, I just said in another thread that a DT and OL here and I’ll be happy. I’m hoping this is how they see it, too. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Good list, I just said in another thread that a DT and OL here and I’ll be happy. I’m hoping this is how they see it, too. 

Zach Tom is my wish. 

Overview

Center prospect who spent the last two seasons at left tackle. Tom was extremely impressive in pass protection at tackle despite a lack of desired size or length, but he's likely headed back to center in the pros. He plays with technique and plus body control, but his aggression level is a little lacking in the run game and his mass is below average. Tom could be a priority for teams with leaky interior protection. He has Day 3 value as an above-average backup with eventual starting potential.

Strengths

Excellent intelligence.

Three-year starter with good durability.

Makes fluid block adjustments in space.

Easy slide from block to block on combinations.

Good base width and hip flexion into defender as base blocker.

Utilizes firm, independent hands in pass protection.

Throws punch with intent and quickness.

Fluid and fast in mirroring a counter.

Pass protection from tackle position was eye-opening.

Weaknesses

Slender through his waist and hips.

Catches contact at the point of attack.

Needs to become more violent into contact.

Below-average mass to base up against power.

Needs to prove he can anchor against an NFL nose tackle.

Susceptible to push-pull technique.

Needs to guard against oversetting.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slats said:

To have a shot at Perrion Winfrey in the 4th is a miracle.  There are 5 teams picking ahead of us and 3 of them have already picked a DT in this draft.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I was feeling great until this thread. I am gripped with overwhelming fear now that I have learned that rat anuses can fly. Never leaving the house again.
Pigeons are basically rats with wings anyway. So don't be too afraid.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Pigeons are basically rats with wings anyway. So don't be too afraid. emoji12.png

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

They're actually doves. 

https://pigeonpedia.com/difference-between-dove-and-pigeon/

The fact is, however, that doves and pigeons are in the same taxonomic family. All doves and pigeons descended from the wild Rock Dove and there are 344 known species, of which 13 are now extinct.

Doves and pigeons are the same thing.

Day 3 is the cherry on top. It won’t change my grade for this draft. Our top 5 picks locks us into an A for this draft. Can’t ask for a better sequence of picks!

For completeness sake I would like us to use one of the 4 to trade down and pick up an extra 5th. And let’s grab some OL/DL depth on Day 3....LB too if we can grab an extra pick...

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

They have 111 and 117? Right?  I'm interested, I think a few players have slid who could help this team from depth and maybe even push for starting duties. 

Specifically;

DT - Perrion Winfrey - OU

OT - Daniele Faalele - Minn. 

OT/OG - Darrian Kinnard - Kentucky

DT - Neil Farrell - LSU

OT - Rasheed Walker - Penn St. 

ILB - Darrian Beavers - Cinci

DT - Matthew Butler - TN

Give me two of: Winfrey, Beavers, Kinnard, or Walker and I'm going to the golf course. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

To have a shot at Perrion Winfrey in the 4th is a miracle.  There are 5 teams picking ahead of us and 3 of them have already picked a DT in this draft.  

Was he the defensive lineman with gang affiliations?  

I really thought he was a fringe first rounder and mocked him to us with one of our seconds dozens of times. 

These two 4th round picks will be on the team.  They almost always are.  So that is two players currently on the roster (at least the 53) who won’t be.   These picks are really important (and should be done by 130 so I can move on with my day).  

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

How about we quit while we’re ahead before Joe Douglas demands $30 million a year?

I couldn’t have even pulled this sh*t off in one of those silly ass mock simulators.

He should just sit there in his draft chair, when we are on the clock, and just let it tick down to zero…refusing to turn in a card …just sat with his arms folded looking straight into camera with Saleh standing off to the side and just over his shoulder …meanwhile there’s Woody, slouched in his chair, feet up on the table, down in the front of left of shot, flipping a big fat middle finger to camera and mouthing “come at me, bro”

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

And you would think Tampa's not going DT with a small window considering their DL.

Seattle and Houston are the threats, IMO

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

God forbid fans get excited right?  Nobody is claiming a super bowl we are simply ecstatic over our draft so far and pretty much everyone else(including critics) are impressed 

Well, it took a draft this good for me to finally agree with you on something!

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Ha…get a load of this guy.

We’ve had about all we can handle, chief.

The thing is you’re not wrong. Jets fans - or at least THIS Jets fan, cannot accept that the luck overflowing from our cup is not bad luck.  It’s like I’m in the Jets Multiverse where we drafted Brady, Belli never left, and we’re just coming off of twenty years of world domination.  My reptilian brain CANNOT HANDLE.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Was he the defensive lineman with gang affiliations?  

I really thought he was a fringe first rounder and mocked him to us with one of our seconds dozens of times. 

Winfrey has major character flags apparently.

. PERRION WINFREY, Oklahoma (6-3 ½, 290, 5.01, 2): After a two-year junior-college stint, he started for two years at NT in a 3-4. Looked like a new man playing 3-technique and hitting gaps at the Senior Bowl. “He did show (in Mobile),” said one scout. “It was definitely a lot better (than his season). He’s got athletic traits but he struggled with consistency.” Jumped offsides on the first snap of the Senior Bowl after being penalized nine times in his 23 games for the Sooners. “He’s a live wire and a character, for sure,” said another scout. “He’s obviously more disruptive than productive.” Scored 20 on the Wonderlic, the highest of the top 10 DTs. “He has talent but he’s an absolute disaster off the field,” a third scout said. “I don’t know if I trust him to really draft him. Certainly not in the first round. He’s late to everything. He’s a no-show. The people at Oklahoma, they’ve seen it all with him. He’ll go some, then shows up with excuses. He’s got no life skills. Zero. Can be disruptive. But he does love football, and knows that’s the one ticket that really matters.” Finished with 42 tackles (17 for loss) and six sacks. “He’s got to be in a one-gap, up-field, attack tempo scheme,” a fourth scout said. “If he does that he’s got some surge, some burst, some length (35 ¼ arms). He plays mean but he’s not consistent. He’ll find his place in the locker room. It’s nothing damaging. As long as he gets some vet guys around him to help him find his stream he’ll be fine. He was better at the Senior Bowl.” From Maywood, Ill.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Winfrey has major character flags apparently.

. PERRION WINFREY, Oklahoma (6-3 ½, 290, 5.01, 2): After a two-year junior-college stint, he started for two years at NT in a 3-4. Looked like a new man playing 3-technique and hitting gaps at the Senior Bowl. “He did show (in Mobile),” said one scout. “It was definitely a lot better (than his season). He’s got athletic traits but he struggled with consistency.” Jumped offsides on the first snap of the Senior Bowl after being penalized nine times in his 23 games for the Sooners. “He’s a live wire and a character, for sure,” said another scout. “He’s obviously more disruptive than productive.” Scored 20 on the Wonderlic, the highest of the top 10 DTs. “He has talent but he’s an absolute disaster off the field,” a third scout said. “I don’t know if I trust him to really draft him. Certainly not in the first round. He’s late to everything. He’s a no-show. The people at Oklahoma, they’ve seen it all with him. He’ll go some, then shows up with excuses. He’s got no life skills. Zero. Can be disruptive. But he does love football, and knows that’s the one ticket that really matters.” Finished with 42 tackles (17 for loss) and six sacks. “He’s got to be in a one-gap, up-field, attack tempo scheme,” a fourth scout said. “If he does that he’s got some surge, some burst, some length (35 ¼ arms). He plays mean but he’s not consistent. He’ll find his place in the locker room. It’s nothing damaging. As long as he gets some vet guys around him to help him find his stream he’ll be fine. He was better at the Senior Bowl.” From Maywood, Ill.

This absolutely does not sound like the type of guy we are bringing in this offseason.

We need to get a developmental O Lineman and there is a great prospect I love left for day 2:

Spencer Burford UTSA -  4 year starter with great athletic profile and experience at tackle and guard. Long arms and a fluid mover, I can't believe he wasn't taken on day 2 as he's ready to come in and contribute as a rookie.

Go JD!!  

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I was feeling great until this thread. I am gripped with overwhelming fear now that I have learned that rat anuses can fly. Never leaving the house again.

Well I interpret it to mean flying rats, that perhaps use their anuses as a method of propulsion.  I know after a Mexican sampler platter that's a real possible superpower for me.

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Hes worth the $30 mil per right now.