"I've Dreamed Of This Since I Was A Little Kid" | Jeremy Ruckert Media Availability | New York Jets

jetsons

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I really think this is going to be a homerun of a pick.  His attitude matches his talent. 

i like the kid but his numbers arent much better than Kroft or Wesco. 2021 he has career highs 21 catches 309 yds 3 TDs. i think we need to lower our expectations

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

i like the kid but his numbers arent much better than Kroft or Wesco. 2021 he has career highs 21 catches 309 yds 3 TDs. i think we need to lower our expectations

He’s something the Jets were missing though - a good blocker.   That’s a great start.   They also picked up 2 pass catchers.   I believe in him to grow and develop too.  

The Jets are building a running team with a capital R. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Too bad that announcer flubbed the call. 😑... Welcome to the NY Jets Jeremy!!! 

Gentleman with the camera in the right hand corner was not impressed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

It’s a function of OSU offense. Put the on the tape - he’s a good receiver 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m getting jaded as I get older.   They got so many kids in this draft that make me want to be a better person when I watc them talk.   Lost cause for me but great to see lol.  

Haha. I Know right? Seems like a bunch of terrific young men. Way better than you and I Hal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you want to see he potential, check out the vids of his two spectacular one handed catches. Kid has good hands. Let’s hope for the best for him and us.

Where? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what tight end had 22 catches for 314 yards and four TDs as a senior in college? Huh? Huh? George Kittle. GEORGE KITTLE. Ruckert isn’t the athlete that Kittle is, but I think he can put up numbers for the Jets, especially if they use him the way I imagine LaFleur will—in the role formerly occupied Braxton Berrios.

Wtf are you doing awake? Shouldn’t you be balled up in the corner sleeping one off? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

Garrett Wilson  

Chris Olave

Smith-Njigba

Marvin Harrison Jr

and for a limited time Jameson Williams

With all the wideout talent at Ohio State he's not going to have great numbers .  Take a look at the playoff game against Alabama a year ago.  This kid is the real deal and will be part of the Jets future success. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He’s something the Jets were missing though - a good blocker.   That’s a great start.   They also picked up 2 pass catchers.   I believe in him to grow and develop too.  

The Jets are building a running team with a capital R. 

JJ is giving me huge “how can you not love this guy” vibes.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what tight end had 22 catches for 314 yards and four TDs as a senior in college? Huh? Huh? George Kittle. GEORGE KITTLE. Ruckert isn’t the athlete that Kittle is, but I think he can put up numbers for the Jets, especially if they use him the way I imagine LaFleur will—in the role formerly occupied Braxton Berrios.

They might run the ball a record number of times this year.  It's going to make ground and pound look like an airshow.  Ruckert has functional service in that capacity immediately. 

• Upvote 3