"I've Dreamed Of This Since I Was A Little Kid" | Jeremy Ruckert Media Availability | New York Jets

When the fluids from day-2 begin to dry and crust over the already crusted over fluids from day one, does it all congeal into a single layer of crust or does it form more of a laminated two layer, puff pastry  type crust?

These are the questions which occupy my mind going onto day-3 where the rough diamonds never fail to disappoint.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

I think the NFL Needs to make a Much Better Effort on who they ask to announce these picks.... THIS IS The Highlight of these young men's lives at this moment... Make it Special.

Ed Marinaro was a trainwreck earlier in the evening. Wouldn't shut up talking about himself. I suspected some "impairment"was possible.

Coaching the Senior bowl was great for the Jets.  

The guys they are picking from the Sr Bowl got exposure to the coaches and system - part of why it’s not fluff that JJ said the Jets were his first pick and Ruckert is trying not to cry in that interview - he wanted it so bad.  

Coaches got good plauyere but also importantly, they got good fits building the filter cause they saw them up close.   there is a good chance more Senior Bowl players are incoming.   

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

i like the kid but his numbers arent much better than Kroft or Wesco. 2021 he has career highs 21 catches 309 yds 3 TDs. i think we need to lower our expectations

Have you seen some of this kid's catches... It's the system he played in at OSU... They were WR driven, hence why Wilson, and Olave went high. This kid will have an impact, come 2023. He will learn from our 2 new TE's, then burst onto the scene.

8 hours ago, doitny said:

i like the kid but his numbers arent much better than Kroft or Wesco. 2021 he has career highs 21 catches 309 yds 3 TDs. i think we need to lower our expectations

He played on a team with Olave and Wilson in a offense that featured the WR and not the TE.  His talent is apparent when you watch him.  I believe he was at the Senior Bowl and the CS had a close up view and him.  If they were sold on him, I am good with the pick.  I would have preferred Jelani Woods or maybe Cole Turner but can't complain about the pick. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Coaching the Senior bowl was great for the Jets.  

The guys they are picking from the Sr Bowl got exposure to the coaches and system - part of why it’s not fluff that JJ said the Jets were his first pick and Ruckert is trying not to cry in that interview - he wanted it so bad.  

Coaches got good plauyere but also importantly, they got good fits building the filter cause they saw them up close.   there is a good chance more Senior Bowl players are incoming.   

Check out how Saleh talks about the value of seeing these players up close for a week: what struck me was how he rates being able to take criticism and respond to coaching.

The bald talking heads

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He played on a team with Olave and Wilson in a offense that featured the WR and not the TE.  His talent is apparent when you watch him.  I believe he was at the Senior Bowl and the CS had a close up view and him.  If they were sold on him, I am good with the pick.  I would have preferred Jelani Woods or maybe Cole Turner but can't complain about the pick. 

Olave, Wilson, Williams, and another kid that's better than them all.

Not enough footballs in Buckeye land.