### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Oh. The report someone posted said the arrest was for a weapon charge. 

Actually, this is true.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/news/breaking-texas-a-ms-michael-clemons-arrested-suspended-indefinitely

The charges include unlawful carrying of a weapon, failure to identify/giving false information, less than two ounces of marijuana possession and driving with an invalid license. He was released Friday morning on a combined $11,400 bond, according to the Houston Chronicle. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

A lot of these PFF nerds are tough to take. Guy is even admitting the Jets got a lot of good players but didn’t do it in the perfect process for PFF.

They also flip out if you draft a RB before the 5th round 

Sounds like he's accounting for Mike Maccagnan.  It's easy to pick a good player if "the best player in the draft" falls to you.  Great GMs can hit on picks where you don't expect it as much.

8 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

A lot of these PFF nerds are tough to take. Guy is even admitting the Jets got a lot of good players but didn’t do it in the perfect process for PFF.

The only thing PFF is good for is O-Lineman grades.  They are totally and utterly beyond useless for everything else.

Penalizing a team on your draft rankings because your system says that there is a implicit bias in place for high selecting teams is as silly to me as when they penalized a QB (I believe it was Rodgers) for having a perfect game.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Wow!!  Baltimore already has a great draft and they got 3 more picks in this round !!   

I was looking at their draft earlier (after trying to find where Travis Jones went) and was very impressed as well.  They just let it all fall to them.

image.png.7d3ee5c353d468399d30c84411996a05.png

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was looking at their draft earlier (after trying to find where Travis Jones went) and was very impressed as well.  They just let it all fall to them.

image.png.7d3ee5c353d468399d30c84411996a05.png

When you Already have a Very Good / Great Team... That is what you do... No Need to Have To move up... Just Let the Draft Come to You.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't remember if you reacted to the Wan'Dale pick.  Were you surprised where he went?  Did he go higher than you expected?  I was rooting for him to fall to us later in the draft but, as a NYer, at least I'll get to watch him every week.

I was on the golf course and found out after the fact.  In hindsight, it's not surprising to me because I think so highly of him but I dont think I'd have been placing bets on top 50 and the 7th WR taken, even though I've been saying all along I dont really understand why he's not thought of more highly. 

• Upvote 1

Michael Clemons is the 13th Jets draft pick out of Texas A&M

He joins Punter Braden Mann as Aggie draft picks on the current roster

CB Aaron Glenn is the highest ever Jets draft pick out of TAMU going with the 12th pick in the 1994 draft

RB Johnny Hector and DB Ray Mickens are also notable past Jets draft picks from TAMU

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, but how many "sure" pass rushers do we really have? Lawson (if healthy) and JJ (hopefully)? And I thought the prevailing opinion around here was that JFM was going to move inside more often.

After that, the rest are just "potential" and depth guys.

With our lack of a pass rush being a problem for years, I don't mind throwing more bodies at it until it's fixed. Isn't the key to Saleh's defense rushing the passer, anyway?

Sure. That sounds great. But there are only so many snaps available and 4th rounders in a deep draft like this should be given a chance to play. 25 year old Clemons has to come in and wow in order to even make the roster. 

JFM/ Solomon Thomas are hybrid DE/DT

Lawson/ JJ/ Huff/ Martin/ Curry

Zuniga/ Rashed/ Tim Ward/ Clemons

I’m hoping Clemons is legit. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

He 'will most likely be lower on.' Yikes, I wonder if he has a follow up tweet with a scatter plot of how he reacts to drafts. 

The self importance of some of these stats peeps is nuts, which is annoying because some of them add a lot of value. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The only thing PFF is good for is O-Lineman grades.  They are totally and utterly beyond useless for everything else.

Penalizing a team on your draft rankings because your system says that there is a implicit bias in place for high selecting teams is as silly to me as when they penalized a QB (I believe it was Rodgers) for having a perfect game.

Well keep in mind PFF said GVR was alright after games where he was a turnstile.  Nobody has time to watch lineman for whole games, so it’s something, but meh.  

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Michael Clemons is the 13th Jets draft pick out of Texas A&M

He joins Punter Braden Mann as Aggie draft picks on the current roster

CB Aaron Glenn is the highest ever Jets draft pick out of TAMU going with the 12th pick in the 1994 draft

RB Johnny Hector and DB Ray Mickens are also notable past Jets draft picks from TAMU

Meme Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Well keep in mind PFF said GVR was alright after games where he was a turnstile.  Nobody has time to watch lineman for whole games, so it’s something, but meh.  

True.  I should have said “Good” is a very loose compliment for them.

• Haha 1

Since I'm from Long Island wondering if Jack Coan will be selected today. If he isn't drafted maybe sign with the CFL where he could get a chance to play and maybe prove himself. But many good college Qbs choose the UFA route which usually translates to not playing in reg season games and being on practice squads getting cut etc. 

23 minutes ago, undertow said:

He was arrested for driving without a license and weed I don't consider that serious.

From NFL.com - Clemons was suspended for the first game of the 2021 season after an August arrest on multiple charges, including unlawful carrying of a weapon and marijuana possession.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sure. That sounds great. But there are only so many snaps available and 4th rounders in a deep draft like this should be given a chance to play. 25 year old Clemons has to come in and wow in order to even make the roster. 

Obviously we're not going to keep them all, lol.

Competition, baby! The cream will rise to the top!

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was their 7th pick.  What are you expecting here?  7 starters out of this draft?   

I think that JD and Saleh clearly have a plan and if they drafted Clemons, it was with a plan in mind and that plan might not necessarily include 2022 even though we know how heavy of a rotation they use on the DL but I highly doubt they took him with expectations that he's going to battle for a roster spot.  Could be wrong but just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

He 'will most likely be lower on.' Yikes, I wonder if he has a follow up tweet with a scatter plot of how he reacts to drafts. 

The self importance of some of these stats peeps is nuts, which is annoying because some of them add a lot of value. 

These are his follow up tweets