### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

22 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

A lot of these PFF nerds are tough to take. Guy is even admitting the Jets got a lot of good players but didn’t do it in the perfect process for PFF.

They also flip out if you draft a RB before the 5th round 

nerds GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

From NFL.com - Clemons was suspended for the first game of the 2021 season after an August arrest on multiple charges, including unlawful carrying of a weapon and marijuana possession.

I missed the gun thing...still pretty low on the list of things to worry about imo.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetsons said:

When you Already have a Very Good / Great Team... That is what you do... No Need to Have To move up... Just Let the Draft Come to You.

I agree with that.  And I think, starting next year, the Jets might be in position to do the same thing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

He was their 7th pick.  What are you expecting here?  7 starters out of this draft?   

I think that JD and Saleh clearly have a plan and if they drafted Clemons, it was with a plan in mind and that plan might not necessarily include 2022 even though we know how heavy of a rotation they use on the DL but I highly doubt they took him with expectations that he's going to battle for a roster spot.  Could be wrong but just my 2 cents.

Thats fair. As someone outside of their locker room I don’t know how they feel about the LBs. From the outside tho theres more talent on the board thats closer to starting than a dude like Clemons. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I have no idea what these charts mean, and that makes me hate him even more.

What kind of name is "Timo" anyway?

I think it's a short form of Timothy that I think is most common in Finland. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was looking at their draft earlier (after trying to find where Travis Jones went) and was very impressed as well.  They just let it all fall to them.

image.png.7d3ee5c353d468399d30c84411996a05.png

Meh. I like Ojabo and Jones. The rest… ? I’d be apoplectic if JD took a safety and a center in the first round. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Fathom how obnoxious this dude is: he openly explains his issue with the draft isn't what we did but rather the things we said we considered but ultimately didn't do...

So he is down on the Jets draft because of impulses the org had the discipline to reign in and ultimately achieve later on with better value. 

That's completely arbitrary and non data based for a guy leading his click bait with a scatter plot that ultimately has nothing to do with his line of criticism. 

It’s really unbelievable how much he’s reaching to find a negative on what the gm was thinking of doing but didn’t do.

Also who knows if it’s even true. Douglas could say to all these later picks that he tried to trade up for them even  earlier to make them feel  more  wanted by the team .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

image.thumb.png.91801bda726113ba1cbd5bc4cd5a234d.png

A little against the grain for Douglas on measurables and RAS, but I still love the player.

Bye-Bye Edoga!

Coaches that saw/interacted him at Senior Bowl may have pounded for him. Seems like this was deferring to someone’s judgement and wish to coach Mitchell up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Fathom how obnoxious this dude is: he openly explains his issue with the draft isn't what we did but rather the things we said we considered but ultimately didn't do...

So he is down on the Jets draft because of impulses the org had the discipline to reign in and ultimately achieve later on with better value. 

That's completely arbitrary and non data based for a guy leading his click bait with a scatter plot that ultimately has nothing to do with his line of criticism. 

It’s absurd. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

Coaches that saw/interacted him at Senior Bowl may have pounded for him. Seems like this was deferring to someone’s judgement and wish to coach Mitchell up.

JD said in the Day 3 press conference that Mitchell was practising at every line position during Senior Bowl week.

Thar kind of versatility and team-orientated approach probably went a long way towards him getting drafted.

• Upvote 4

PFF and analytics community also loves  the Ravens and brags about how they are so much better at doing things then everyone else. Right now they’re currently masturbating to the Ravens draft.

They are a very well run franchise but they’ve won 2 playoff games in 9 years the idea they are so much smarter then everyone else  is frankly not true.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Why was Clemons named Team Captain and defensive MVP if he was suspended for weapons charge, etc. And by University police. 

He showed some respect by not threatening to nut in arresting officers wife's eye 

• Upvote 1