### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Texas

Plus college students can now carry on campus in the state of Texas. How would you like to teach a course in a Texas college and then have to lecture to students you failed or some kid who pulled an all nighter or is drunk or high. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-texas-law-allows-college-students-carry-guns-campus-n620911 I just spent 12 gun free days in Texas, our daughter lives in Houston and we just visited her. 

22 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

These are his follow up tweets 

All PFF cares about is statistical draft value. They HATED the AVT trade even so far as to downgrade our entire draft because they felt losing 2 thirds was too much value to give up and since it was for a guard which they don't value in the draft at all regardless of skill made it one of the worst trades ever. Yes they actually said that. Statistics and analytics can be valuable but this guys entire concept is utterly insane. In general the concept of lost value in the draft is flatly ludicrous

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

All PFF cares about is statistical draft value. They HATED the AVT trade even so far as to downgrade our entire draft because they felt losing 2 thirds was too much value to give up and since it was for a guard which they don't value in the draft at all regardless of skill made it one of the worst trades ever. Yes they actually said that. Statistics and analytics can be valuable but this guys entire concept is utterly insane. In general the concept of lost value in the draft is flatly ludicrous

Yeah I’m not anti analytics I mean look at Gettleman he was and look how awful he was.

I just think like anything there is a balance and sometimes these PFF guys take the humanity or context out of certain picks.

Maybe guard isn’t the most important position but when you have a young QB you just drafted and want to protect and can get a stud like AVT it makes sense.

The third round picks they gave up are not gonna cripple the franchise and arent as important as getting immediate protection for a QB you just drafted and are trying to protect 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm pretty shocked we went with a guy who had injuries and off-field problems. Very much against what we've been bringing in this off-season. 

At his age and background Saleh’s going to let him straighten his sh*t out and earn some money in this league before his youth is wasted. This is a dude that probably isn’t going to get a rich second contract either…

17 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Love this little sound bite from Saleh. You mean there's an actual plan and we aren't just throwing sh*t at the wall?

I respect the way we can praise “new hires” without insulting players on roster who may be losing their jobs to them.

He’s really self aware with what he says, and yet comes across as transparent and honest. 

Love this coach. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Same.  Antonio Cromartie is on that Aggies staff nowadays too.  I’m sure they got a good report on his character as well.  I’m not worried too much about a suspended license and weed.

As long as Cromartie isn't giving him family planning advice ...

I thought this was a poor/weak RB class but even I’m surprised the way it played out. 

@kdels62 white wound up just head of TDP and I think 3rd RB off the board. Given the way things fell, I’d say that’s pretty strong endorsement, on a team that will need him and feed him 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I thought this was a poor/weak RB class but even I’m surprised the way it played out. 

@kdels62 white wound up just head of TDP and I think 3rd RB off the board. Given the way things fell, I’d say that’s pretty strong endorsement, on a team that will need him and feed him 

New White for Brady to dump the ball to out of the backfield. Tampa’s been trying to find that receiving back for a while.

• Upvote 1

I love that we made our 2 picks, then had the presser and bounced. JD had a plan, wanted specific impact players, got them and left. That’s much more fun to watch then a bunch of trade backs for late round fliers. They took care of business this weekend 

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I really liked the fit for White at Tampa. I’ve been on that dude for so long so its validating to my often wrong analysis that he was so coveted.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

I love that we made our 2 picks, then had the presser and bounced. JD had a plan, wanted specific impact players, got them and left. That’s much more fun to watch then a bunch of trade backs for late round fliers. They took care of business this weekend 

Yup.  Came, saw, conquered.  Then bounced while the rest of these idiots stuck around to make their dumb picks.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, derp said:

New White for Brady to dump the ball to out of the backfield. Tampa’s been trying to find that receiving back for a while.

You do know Fournette is a reception machine, right?   69 catches last season for 454 yards.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was looking at their draft earlier (after trying to find where Travis Jones went) and was very impressed as well.  They just let it all fall to them.

image.png.7d3ee5c353d468399d30c84411996a05.png

Teams like Baltimore, the Steelers and Packers always are given good draft grades because they pick players who had good careers and top schools playing top competition.  And then we wonder when the Jets and others take players we have never heard of.  

Just now, varjet said:

Teams like Baltimore, the Steelers and Packers always are given good draft grades because they pick players who had good careers and top schools playing top competition.  And then we wonder when the Jets and others take players we have never heard of.  

And not only do they take them, notice each one was a 1st team all conference or a 2nd team all conference. 

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You do know Fournette is a reception machine, right?   69 catches last season for 454 yards.  

Regardless, Tampa keeps drafting and acquiring receiving backs. Vaughn, Bernard, Bell, now White.

Fournette may catch a lot of balls as that’s what Brady does a ton of, but their actions show they want someone else for that role. Believe metrics indicate he’s pretty inefficient with his touches.

2 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i kind of like the clemons pick. dude played pretty good in the sec. overall this has been a great draft. good work now lets sign some vets, udfa, stay healthy, and go get some wins

As per Saleh they'll move JFM to the inside where he says he's better suited as a pass rusher & have Lawson, JJ, & Clemons on the outside... Hopefully, Zuniga can do something positive other than being injured. ?

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, derp said:

Regardless, Tampa keeps drafting and acquiring receiving backs. Vaughn, Bernard, Bell, now White.

Fournette may catch a lot of balls as that’s what Brady does a ton of, but their actions show they want someone else for that role. Believe metrics indicate he’s pretty inefficient with his touches.

I can't speak to TBs motivations but I think you are underestimating how good Fournette was last season.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receptions-rb-2021

3rd most receptions among RBs.  82% catch pct.  He's really turned himself into the star that he was drafted to be.