### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, nycdan said:

I can't speak to TBs motivations but I think you are underestimating how good Fournette was last season.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receptions-rb-2021

3rd most receptions among RBs.  82% catch pct.  He's really turned himself into the star that he was drafted to be.  

Brady’s offense revolves around rbs and tes who are versatile.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

Love this little sound bite from Saleh. You mean there's an actual plan and we aren't just throwing sh*t at the wall?

I don't this has ever been in question?

The worry isn't JFM on passing downs. It's who's inside on running downs. Rankins, Shepherd and Marshall were atrocious last year. Q is talented but also struggled against the run. It's the clear weakness on the team at the minute. 

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I can't speak to TBs motivations but I think you are underestimating how good Fournette was last season.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receptions-rb-2021

3rd most receptions among RBs.  82% catch pct.  He's really turned himself into the star that he was drafted to be.  

I know he had a big statistical year, but in my opinion it was volume based and again, inefficient. I want a guy with stats like Ekeler in the passing game, not Fournette or Harris. He’s elite, but James White consistently averaged at least one more yard per reception than Fournette did last year. Those little things add up.

I obviously don’t know exactly what they’re thinking, continuing to bring in receiving backs makes me think they also believe they could get more productivity in the passing game from someone else. It’s a great way to get someone a little more explosive involved.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So did we come in today with only two 4th round picks? What happened to our other picks? 

Yup.

Gave up one of our 5s in the Johnson trade up and the other one in the Breece Hall trade.  We gave up our 6 and 7 in trades last year.  We gave up Herndon and a 6 for the 4 we used for Michael Clemons.  And we gave up Avery Wiliamson and a 7 for the 5th we used in the JJ trade.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Max Mitchell

Draft Scouting Report:

Rating: 83.44 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Greg Senat

Strengths:

Athleticism and length pop on film. Has NFL OT-caliber length and feet. Punch is typically good, and it leads to him being controlled by the edge defender. Explodes out of his stance for zone plays and when he has to combo/attack the second level. Replaces his hands in pass pro and plays with a sturdy, balanced frame. Anchor in pass protection is solid. Awareness is good, too, and is just athletic enough to get to secondary rushers. Has a decently high floor and high upside because of his athletic talents and pass-protection prowess.

Weaknesses:

Has a tendency to be a touch late with his punch. Needs to add 10-20 pounds to hold up on the edge in the NFL. While his athleticism is good, he does have some problems with smaller speed rushers.

Accolades:

2021: All-Sun Belt first team

Started 37 games past three seasons

Interesting pro comparison. The two can be training camp roommates. 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Never mind. He just went to Seattle

Seattle really did their homework this draft.  You get the sense they have been coasting for awhile.  They know the heat is on.   They should trade for Baker make a playoff…run.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

QB-needy team takes chance on big-armed QB in round 4.  When they could have picked him two rounds later.  Outrage ensues.

FTFY

Yes, because you know this to be true…how, exactly?  

If you like a midround QB enough to take him in Rd 5/6, it’s not a reach to take him in Rd 4.  QBs are commodities.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because you know this to be true…how, exactly?  

If you like a midround QB enough to take him in Rd 5/6, it’s not a reach to take him in Rd 4.  QBs are commodities.

Well I know we all hated the pick. Most experts and non 3xperts alike were scratching their heads over it at the time. So it's likely he was drafted higher than his value. Also he sucked out loud. 

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Well I know we all hated the pick. Most experts and non 3xperts alike were scratching their heads over it at the time. So it's likely he was drafted higher than his value. Also he sucked out loud. 

Yet he keeps getting chances around the league.  Why?  Because QBs have value.

When you use a mid rounder on a QB, of course there’s a low chance he ends up anything, otherwise he’d be a high pick.  But it’s still a worthwhile shot if you think the kid has upside.  He didn’t work out.  Oh well.  But nothing you are saying suggests he was massively over drafted at the time.

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet he keeps getting chances around the league.  Why?  Because QBs have value.

When you use a mid rounder on a QB, of course there’s a low chance he ends up anything, otherwise he’d be a high pick.  But it’s still a worthwhile shot if you think the kid has upside.  He didn’t work out.  Oh well.  But nothing you are saying suggests he was massively over drafted at the time.

image.png.540d9e11cf44821b4a5f50e1697c1cc1.png

• Haha 1