### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

In a draft that was considered lighter on top-end talent, JD managed to push his standard allotment of 7 draft picks up into the first 117 selections of the draft which is not even at the halfway point. They might finish up early today but they didn't compromise on quantity, while maximizing quality.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

The jets drafted the players name I was saying out loud as the pick was made four out of five times !!!!!

Hall made me happy, Ruckert was like a dream, like pinch me is this really happening lol

It will be interesting to see how this draft class turns out considering how positively most Jet fans (including me!) are about it.   I'm amazed at how JD was able to transform the team this offseason.  We had all the picks but he still had to convert.  And it wasn't obvious how that was going to happen due to the weaker draft class (at least that's how many have described it) plus how many holes we had.  But JD might've just drafted 5 high quality starters (and at impact positions) over the past 2 days.

Our offense is no longer in the stone age and Zach can now be properly evaluated (due to having weapinz).  Plus our defense is no longer a trainwreck.  There's no reason (well, other than injuries) that the Jets shouldn't be able to compete in every game next year (e.g. no more 54-13 losses vs the Pats or games like against Indy, where they just completely overran us).  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was listening to one of Jake Asman's post-draft videos and he said that he heard that the Jets are higher on Nasrildeen and Sherwood (as potential LBs for us) than most people might realize.  In other words, JD might feel like we have LB solutions already in-house.

So possibly JD views our main needs today as OL depth and S.  

Plus, we play a lot of 2 LB sets with our base defense. 

Mosley, Williams, Nas, Sherwood, Phillips, and we just signed S/LB Marcell Harris.  It’s a position group that has 6 players for two spots.  We can survive on that. 

12 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Winfrey and Faalele, if we're lucky.  More likely a trade down though.  Faalele is better than GVR now 

Faalele looks better getting off the plane than he does on the field. He was on our Senior Bowl team, and was constantly getting put on his butt by much smaller players.  He doesn’t play like the monster he looks like.  It’s sad. 

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Close it out with a bang JD

image.thumb.png.8be1d015fd0291d4a1f4058f8feb846c.png

A guy who plays both tackle and center.  YES. 

• Upvote 2

Would taking Calvin Austin be overkill? 

He’s a vastly superior athlete to Berrios and will be very cheap for 4 years. 

Austin 

Winfrey 

Kinnard 

McKinley 

Walker

Mitchell 

Are the guys I’m looking at. There’s a bunch of solid depth/fringe starters left on the board 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Another perspective 

Since taking Zach Wilson, the #Jets have drafted 5 offensive playmakers Rounds 1-5:

WR Garrett Wilson (R1)

WR Elijah Moore (R2)

RB Breece Hall (R2)

TE Jeremy Ruckert (R3)

RB Michael Carter (R4)

Since taking Justin Fields, the #Bears have drafted just one: WR Velus Jones (R3)

Bears also let Allen Robinson walk.  You could argue that their biggest offseason move to help Fields was signing Ryan Griffin.

From Wilson, Olave, Williams and Ruckert in 2020 with OSU to Mooney, Pringle, St. Brown and Kmet in 2022.

Oy!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Winfrey and Faalele, if we're lucky.  More likely a trade down though.  Faalele is better than GVR now 

These two guys are my picks!  They both played for the coaches at the senior bowl.  If we got them to add on to the group we selected already....WOW!

One dark horse I like is Quinton Lake the safety from UCLA

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Anyone know why Winfrey has dropped? 

I think he has settled where he always was, some of these dudes suddenly get moved up a lot due to a nice senior bowl or something but abilities and tape stay at the same draft level.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Just now, Beerfish said:

I think he has settled where he always was, some of these dudes suddenly get moved up a lot due to a nice senior bowl or something but abilities and tape stay at the same draft level.

Well if he drops in our laps, it's a no brainer

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He's exactly where he belongs and that's not a diss. Great physical tools but below average film play in and out. I would pick Butler (Tennessee) and Farrell Jr (LSU) over him, but they're all limited in one way or another.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Just now, Beerfish said:

From nfl.com https://www.nfl.com/prospects/perrion-winfrey/32005749-4e18-3492-38d6-6dddd2e4f230

Overview

Winfrey looks the part and will impress with his body type at the NFL Scouting Combine. However, he's frequently late off the ball. A tight lower half and disappointing lateral agility make him a liability against move-blocking schemes. He does, however, have an explosive get-off and heavy hands. His flashes at the Senior Bowl improved his draft stock and made teams take notice. He has some hit-or-miss elements to his game but has good rotational value with a chance to become an eventual starter.

He seems to have good upside but he's not nearly a finished product yet.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Would taking Calvin Austin be overkill? 

He’s a vastly superior athlete to Berrios and will be very cheap for 4 years. 

Austin 

Winfrey 

Kinnard 

McKinley 

Walker

Mitchell 

Are the guys I’m looking at. There’s a bunch of solid depth/fringe starters left on the board 

If we double dip at WR, it's going to be for someone over 6'1" 

I would be blown away if we draft another short wideout. 

• Upvote 1