### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty cool. Mitchell is awesome and played RT. The Jets have drafted from the Lion’s senior bowl team more than their own.

FWIW before the Senior Bowl his tape looked like 2nd rounder tape to me

Yeah, DJ had him as 2nd rounder in his first few top 150 rankings. I'm happy with this pick.

Faalele doesn't seem like he would fit the ZBS too well so im not mad about BMore taking him. Big and powerful but not very mobile.  He would be a better fit in their gap scheme...

Don't know much about Mitchell but nice to hear he has great feet....better fit in the ZBS and hopefully can give us that swing tackle depth....

Let's get a trade down with the final 4th rounder

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Overall, Mitchell was a below- average tester and needs to continue developing his strength, but his play quickness is an asset in pass protection and as a zone run blocker. He does a great job reestablishing his hands mid-block.

There you go. 

• Upvote 4

Pick Grade: Very Good

After drafting several skill players earlier this draft, the Jets finally decided to help out quarterback Zach Wilson from a protection standpoint. Mitchell entered the draft as the 88th overall player on PFF’s big board and the 13th best tackle. Last season, he earned a very impressive 94.8 PFF grade.

Via PFF

• Upvote 2

I would've probably preferred a veteran tackle as insurance but if they're going to give Becton a shot Mitchell isn't bad. Wonder if they move down with this next one. I have a favorite I doubt they take.

It'd be wild if they're done this soon.