Becton is clearly in the Jets plans as a starting tackle for 2022

J.D talked about a second phase of free agency. Cap casualties.  Roster cuts. He will definitely pick up a tackle in that second phase. I think that was his plan all along. Will Becton start this year. Yea. Can the Jetz trust him to be healthy and play at a high level. Doubt it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This is…super weird. 

Went from the Big Ticket to the Big Secret. 

Seriously what’s with the secrecy. JD and Saleh don’t really know where Becton is holding.

So I was wondering from a Xs and Os perspective is it better to run left or right? I can remember great teams of the past running to the right.  Maybe because most QBs are right handed?  Clearly a strategy would be to mix it up but there might be a “strong side”.  Fant has shown he can be a quality pass protector on the left or right sides.  Running Hall behind Becton seems like a great starting point for an offense.  I can see Becton being positioned wherever it will help in the run game.  We really would benefit from him coming in “fit” and hungry. 

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

JD said very adamantly that the plan at T this year was Becton and Fant.  It's only the haters who have given up on Becton.  I think he's going to shut a lot of people up, personally. 

One of the people Becton will shut up:

Thumb Down (1)

T0mShane

2 hours ago

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

RICH

A61C0021-FEF5-4921-9E47-A6F59D0FD293.png

Thanks, I can’t figure out the signature thing, and was wondering if my changes saved. 

this is who Becton is spending time with btw. It’s not a summer camp or golds gym

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah. Practices in helmets and shorts in August with designed sets and plays demonstrate everything.  When has Becton not performed in a real game?

Are you saying you think Becton is going to be the LT?  He got Wally pipped and has 0 chance of being the LT.  George Fant is a true professional and flat out earned the position.  Becton isnt even showing up where his coaching is literally begging him to return in press conferences.

With that said, he will be a pro bowl RT if hes motivated and healthy.

18 hours ago, Dupe said:

So I was wondering from a Xs and Os perspective is it better to run left or right? I can remember great teams of the past running to the right.  Maybe because most QBs are right handed?  Clearly a strategy would be to mix it up but there might be a “strong side”.  Fant has shown he can be a quality pass protector on the left or right sides.  Running Hall behind Becton seems like a great starting point for an offense.  I can see Becton being positioned wherever it will help in the run game.  We really would benefit from him coming in “fit” and hungry. 

Doesn’t matter. Left or Right it’s all about where the blocking is creating a crease

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not like Becton has never been good here.  His rookie year everyone was raving about the guy.   Let's hope that last year was a major wake-up call for him though.  If he can get in shape and maximize his talents, we might really have something. 

I know it’s ridiculous.  Zach Wilson gets excuses galore but Becton, who arguably should have won OROY, oh he sucks

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Becton is arguably the most talented player on the jets roster even after this draft.  He’s starting.

Assuming Becton is physically able, and mentally willing, to get back on an NFL field.  Plus, if the rehab is taking so long, was his injury more catastrophic than we've been told?

22 hours ago, varjet said:

Let’s see if 111 is a developmental Tackle.  Fant and be extended/franchised, and the new T can play RT next year.  So Becton is getting some slack, but its not unlimited.  

Jets can tag Fant next offseason and trade him for draft picks.  Becton moves back to LT

32CD2FAF-18C7-41B2-9179-E75EAAA82424.thumb.jpeg.afba5ce9d255d8b70a2de1537e0548dc.jpeg

Just now, munchmemory said:

Assuming Becton is physically able, and mentally willing, to get back on an NFL field.  Plus, if the rehab is taking so long, was his injury more catastrophic than we've been told?

It wasn’t a catastrophic injury.  Last season was well beyond over by the time he healed and he and his agent made a business decision 

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

JD said very adamantly that the plan at T this year was Becton and Fant.  It's only the haters who have given up on Becton.  I think he's going to shut a lot of people up, personally. 

Let the battle for LT begin... Only problem will be Fant seemed to perform better as a LT not a RT, and who knows what Becton is as a RT. I guess we will see.

22 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think the Jets are just going to move him to right tackle. Other than that, he's definitely in their plans. I was a little surprised they didn't take a tackle in round 2 who could begin his career as a backup, and be insurance for Becton, and then eventually replace Fant in a year or two. But the Jets clearly believe in Becton. 

AVT can always slide outside and play tackle if they need him to do that. It's easier to replace guards than it is to replace tackles, so having someone with flexibility like the Jets do with AVT is important.

I believe that will be in next years draft, or anyone else left in FA. I haven't looked at who's left, I'm on vacation... Wrong time to take it during the draft lol...  but vacation none the less :-)

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Are you saying you think Becton is going to be the LT?  He got Wally pipped and has 0 chance of being the LT.  George Fant is a true professional and flat out earned the position.  Becton isnt even showing up where his coaching is literally begging him to return in press conferences.

With that said, he will be a pro bowl RT if hes motivated and healthy.

I hope Becton embraces the RT job and excels at it. I really thought that’s where they should’ve put him as a rookie. I also hope he wants that LT job back, and I think he does. He puts in a big year, and he could potentially move back to the left side and Fant could walk. Of course, Fant knows this, too, so he’ll also be motivated to be better than last year. It’s a good problem to have. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

It wasn’t a catastrophic injury.  Last season was well beyond over by the time he healed and he and his agent made a business decision 

He was pissed when Gase had him play hurt as a rookie. I’m sure that played a role. He and this staff need to learn to trust each other. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

He was pissed when Gase had him play hurt as a rookie. I’m sure that played a role. He and this staff need to learn to trust each other. 

What Gase did making him start with a separated shoulder was textbook malpractice.  I’d be skeptical of this organization too after that

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Exactly where a young coaching staff wants to be—massaging the feelings of a giant manbaby 11th overall pick who they have to kick over to right tackle because he only works when he wants to.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Larz said:

Thanks, I can’t figure out the signature thing, and was wondering if my changes saved. 

this is who Becton is spending time with btw. It’s not a summer camp or golds gym

Yeah, the big bust hoodie was motivation.  Ticket is going to wreck the league this year. 

19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think that's the plan with Max Mitchell.

From what I've read, He needs a year in the weight room, before he hits the active roster. Isn't strong enough to hold up against power players.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly where a young coaching staff wants to be—massaging the feelings of a giant manbaby 11th overall pick who they have to kick over to right tackle because he only works when he wants to.

Lol, you had the tackle situation so ****ing wrong. It’s hilarious. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Looks like Robert isn’t buying the “my girlfriend is having a baby any month now” excuse from Becton. 

The Mekhi Becton is the first person to ever have a kid angle getting played here is good stuff.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, you had the tackle situation so ****ing wrong. It’s hilarious. 

My view on the tackle situation is that Becton is a dog who’s making Saleh look like a weak fish, and now Becton hasn’t showed up to practice and the only clip we’re seeing after a universally lauded draft is Saleh—as he’s been doing for roughly 16 months now—having to answer questions about Mekhi Becton not being in attendance for the Jets. Saleh straight-up mocked Becton yesterday by begging him to show up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Mekhi Becton is the first person to ever have a kid angle getting played here is good stuff.

I especially enjoyed the posts saying “how dare you question this man” and yesterday his own coach effectively debunked Becton’s excuse. I wouldn’t call my worst enemy “buddy.” 

• Haha 1