Max Mitchell-OT

PepPep

Seen two clips of him at the 0:01 mark and the 2:40 mark. 

He's not advertised to be an immediate impact player. Run blocking is his specialty. We just have to give him some time and hopefully next season he can step in for either Fant as a starter or replace Edoga as the 1st backup.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Swing OT. Had a good senior bowl. Good pick by JD in Rd. 4. Hopefully this will be a solid backup if Becton or Fant go down. 

He was awful at the Senior Bowl. Him and Kinnard are the reasons why everyone thought Jermaine Johnson would go in the top 10. I just don’t understand why he was so bad at the Senior Bowl.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was awful at the Senior Bowl. Him and Kinnard are the reasons why everyone thought Jermaine Johnson would go in the top 10. I just don’t understand why he was so bad at the Senior Bowl.

I guess the jump in competition level may have been a factor. Jets coaches obviously saw traits that they feel they can work with. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I remember a guy here telling me how awesome Chuma Edoga was going to be. Called BS on him the day Edoga was drafted. 

I have the reverse feeling here. Kid is going to be a good RT when Fant moves on and Becton slides back to LT.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Seen two clips of him at the 0:01 mark and the 2:40 mark. 

He's not advertised to be an immediate impact player. Run blocking is his specialty. We just have to give him some time and hopefully next season he can step in for either Fant as a starter or replace Edoga as the 1st backup.

The very 1st play was Max vs JJ...  They'll have more opportunities come summer.

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He lunges too much I feel and is a particularly bad matchup against bull rushers who outpower him, which the senior bowl was filled with imo. I’m whelmed by the pick, but someone in the coaching stuff must like him a lot and feel that they can teach him enough technique. I don’t see starter material though, especially with how JD wants to build the line with maulers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He lunges too much I feel and is a particularly bad matchup against bull rushers who outpower him, which the senior bowl was filled with imo. I’m whelmed by the pick, but someone in the coaching stuff must like him a lot and feel that they can teach him enough technique. I don’t see starter material though, especially with how JD wants to build the line with maulers. 

Yeah, the lunges are pretty stark on film. He has good athletic ability though, so hopefully the coaches can improve his technique.

5 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think he’s got exceptional balance Which is why he doesn’t fall even though he’s over his toes a lot. His hand usage is very good and his timing is excellent too. Im hoping for future starter here.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jets: “Hey Max, we know you’re on the Lion’s team but can you help us out?”

Max: “Sure thing!”

Jets: “Play poorly during the Senior Bowl practices”

Max: “No man, everyone thinks I’m a 2nd rounder” 

Jets: “Do you wanna live in Detroit or Morristown?”

Max: “I love Morristown!”

Jets: “Play badly and you’ll get to be Morristown Adjacent”

Max: “Sure thing. Just remember I’m gonna let some of these guys win reps so don’t evaluate me or them on those reps”

Jets: “Obviously… we’re not dumb”

… 1 week later…

Jets: “Did you see Jermaine Johnson beat up in Max Mitchell? We should draft him on the first round”

@kdels62 and @Facts, please PLEASE keep this up! Start making posts with titless like "JJ stinks on ice", stuff like that.  

Whenever this guy is challenged or doubted, he gets better. Went from JC, to UGA Backup, to ACC DPOY with 12 sacks in 2021 (pretty much Karlaftis' career total). 

Keep doing the Lords work,  gentlemen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

@kdels62 and @Facts, please PLEASE keep this up! Start making posts with titless like "JJ stinks on ice", stuff like that.  

Whenever this guy is challenged or doubted, he gets better. Went from JC, to UGA Backup, to ACC DPOY with 12 sacks in 2021 (pretty much Karlaftis' career total). 

Keep doing the Lords work,  gentlemen. 

I don’t think JJ is reading this forum. 

lol at Titless

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Heres some Senior Bowl where he looked good. 

• Upvote 2

On the offensive line I think it’s a great time in the draft to nab someone who was good in college, fits the scheme, and has average measurables. Not like he’s a bad athlete, just average for the position. That’s workable.

If he’s a backup swing tackle that’s fine in the fourth, but hopefully he can be a long term starter on the right side.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Swing OT. Had a good senior bowl. Good pick by JD in Rd. 4. Hopefully this will be a solid backup if Becton or Fant go down. 

He definitely didn’t have a good senior  bowl. He looked good when he was playing against future office workers but definitely not at the senior bowl. JJ made him look stupid. 

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Serious question. What worthwhile FA tackles are still available at this time?

Good question. I honestly don’t know. There are certainly names out there including a former jet or two, thinking Brandon shell. This will not be a major investment, but I am thinking that JD looks for a veteran who gets cut that he can pay a few million dollars for one year.

• Sympathy 1