Robert Saleh reveals if Falcons took Garret Wilson instead of London Jets would have taken Jermain Johnson at 10

Jetsbb

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Perfect thing to say if you drafted Jermaine  Johnson in the mid 20’s. 

Huh? Jets already revealed in the presser they had Jermain Johnson ranked in the top 8 on their board. This is more of a revelation that Garrett Wilson was way ahead of London on their board.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsbb said:

Huh? Jets already revealed in the presser they had Jermain Johnson ranked in the top 8 on their board. This is more of a revelation that Garrett Wilson was way ahead of London on their board.

Yes, I know, but again if I was Jermaine Johnson still like to hear it. 

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I don't know if he's throwing us a line of sh*t.  Would have taken him at 10?  If you wanted him that bad wouldn't you have moved up to take him instead of waiting for him to fall 16 spots...we're just fortunate I think that this kid fell in the draft.

JD says that they called every single team from 15 on to trade up for him. Seems like they were really high on him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

The perfect replacement for Davis as the X receiver is already on the roster....

Denzel Mims (4.38)

IF he finally figure things out,  we're in great shape heading forward....

There is no way on God’s Green Earth that we ever give Mims a $25mm contract.  He has proven himself to be a mental midget.  I really don’t know how many players Woody ever pays $25mm to.  Probably Zach-because he is as straight as straight can be.  

• Its great that the Jets had JJ in their top 8,  because no other team from 10-26 did.  Hopefully that does not backfire.
  • Saleh is a really really impressive guy.  He looks great too-he has been eating and working out.  Hopefully he does not get run down again.  The Jets will not defeat him-if they did not defeat Bowles, they will not defeat him.  If he gets fired, he will get hired again.  But hopefully Saleh can be like our Mike Tomlin.  
  • These guys have a plan, work hard it and are thoughtful.  That is good and bad.  They are doing their best.  If the team still stinks this year, it is probably time to think about change. 
  • Let’s just run it down team’s throats.  I think that is the plan. 
  • Upvote 1

Why is he so honest about these things?
johnsons agent will remind him of this lol. Yes rookie deals are slotted but he’s just got to stop being so honest 

Johnson’s agent can remind Salah about anything he wants, but your contract is based on what round and position you were chosen, so it’s moot until 5 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I don't know if he's throwing us a line of sh*t.  Would have taken him at 10?  If you wanted him that bad wouldn't you have moved up to take him instead of waiting for him to fall 16 spots...we're just fortunate I think that this kid fell in the draft.

JD said they were trying to trade up at 16 (or 15) and then with every team after. Got a taker where he did.  We knew since his visit  that they were in love with JJ. I thought it might have been smoke  but really, as reported by Hughes and others, JJs visit was orgasmic.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You can tell Saleh wanted JJ at 10 even if wilson was there.  But he lost that one.

It was great that Joe D found a way to get back in the 1st and get Saleh his guy. 

The honest communication btwn coaching staff and personal seems awesome.  You can tell they get pretty heated with each other but at the end of the day, they understand each others thinking and they get over it.

Ive wanted Saleh as coach for years.  And hes even better then what I Imagined.  I really had no clue he is as smart as he is.  Hes like a football rainman disguised as a meathead.  

From last year and this year, there hasn’t been one time where I’ve seen any rift between the two. They completely trust each other. Saleh trusts JD to work his magic. Nobody is stepping on anyones toes. 
And letting the scout make the phone call is awesome. Trust the scouts and listen to them at moments like that is huge. 

37 minutes ago, varjet said:

There is no way on God’s Green Earth that we ever give Mims a $25mm contract.  He has proven himself to be a mental midget.  I really don’t know how many players Woody ever pays $25mm to.  Probably Zach-because he is as straight as straight can be.  

$25 million?  Man, I'm just hoping he gets his head on straight enough to produce something before his career goes down the toilet...

• Upvote 1