*** Official UDFA Thread *** Post all Jets UDFA Signings & Others of Interest

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Zuniga, Edoga, Westco, Perine, Mims, etc.

I think theres a good chance several of those guys dont even make it to camp.  But.... I'm not letting Mims go yet.  There really is no gain cutting him loose now.  See if a healthy off season and full camp gets him to contribute.  I have my doubts but remain hopeful.

• Upvote 4

This guy sounds the best

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Illinois

@IlliniFootball

corner Tony Adams, a draft riser, to visit Bengals, met with Jets, Colts' local prospect day, interest from Browns, 49ers, others, per source (4.34, 10-10 broad jump, 41 1/2 inch vertical) former Lovie Smith recruit #NFLDraft2022

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hmhertz said:

This guy sounds the best

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Illinois

@IlliniFootball

corner Tony Adams, a draft riser, to visit Bengals, met with Jets, Colts' local prospect day, interest from Browns, 49ers, others, per source (4.34, 10-10 broad jump, 41 1/2 inch vertical) former Lovie Smith recruit #NFLDraft2022

sing music video GIF

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Adams has met with the Jets and Colts. He's also receiving interest from the Browns and 49ers according to the report. 

He finished his senior season with 63 tackles (3.5 for loss), one sack, one interception and five pass breakups. 

Adams ran a 4.34 40-yard dash, posted a 10-10 in the broad jump and a 41.5-inch vertical. He's expected to be a late round draft pick.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Is this someone the Jets got or is still out there? 

*edit - somewhat buried in the google searches:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/nfl-draft-udfa-tracker-scouting-2022/

Down the page I see he's an invite; they indicate he's big blocking TE

Looks pretty limber for the highlights i'm looking up now... 

While i know nothing before 10 mins ago about this TE, Western Michigan was sneaky good at times this past year on offense. It's amazing what useless information accumulates from playing NCAA Fantasy Football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Want to give Justyn Ross a shot.

Was on track to be a top 10 pick his freshman year. Was born with a spinal issue that needed fixing and was fixed but he still led Clemson in yds last year. 

Worth a shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Weaknesses

Where Carson Strong gets high marks for arm strength, Starkel’s deep ball has a few more question marks. Accuracy is the biggest one and that can sometimes be uneven overall: For as good as he was in 2020, we’re still talking about a draft prospect who completed just 57.8% of his 908 college pass attempts.

Even when he’s in a rhythm, though, Starkel isn’t immune to forcing throws and, as a result, making a costly mistake. He finished his collegiate career with a 3.3% interception rate that, as a point of comparison, more than doubles Strong’s.

Fairly or not, age is another inescapable facet of Starkel’s profile that may be judged harshly. As a post on the NFL subreddit noted, he’s less than a year younger than current Carolina Panther Sam Darnold… who just finished his fourth year in the pros. Given that draft analysts like Vogel and The Touchdown’s Simon Carroll also see him possessing just average athleticism (no one is going to mistake him for Malik Willis, though Starkel himself appears aware of this), teams might end up taking a dim view of his overall ceiling at this point.

NFL Comparison

Mike White

Draft Prediction

Lots of questions surround every quarterback in this year’s class and while that may impact how soon those at the top are taken, that willingness to take a shot only extends so far. Starkel could fit right in somewhere as a camp arm, but wherever he ends up is likely to come as an undrafted free agent and he’ll have plenty to prove in that circumstance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

DQ Thomas, LB

Positives: Athletic linebacker who flashes a complete game. Agile and fluid moving about the field and breaks down well. Quickly picks up coverage assignments, covers a good amount of area, and displays speed pursuing the action. Moves well laterally and sells out on the blitz but stays with his responsibilities. Resilient and effectively uses his hands to protect himself.

Negatives: Easily disrupted from the action by the initial block. Does not show great force up the field despite his sack numbers.

Analysis: Thomas is undersized, but he’s an explosive run-and-chase linebacker who makes a lot of tackles behind the line of scrimmage while showing ability in coverage. He’s been a solid player at Middle Tennessee and could have a home on an NFL roster as an eighth linebacker.

• Upvote 1

The ironic thing is that the Jets are building a conservative, run-first offense with a bunch of safety valves (Breece and the TEs) for the short passing game.  In other words, they've built the perfect offense for My Quite. 

JD is clearly insistent, however, that said offense needs to be run by Mr. Apono.

• Post of the Week 1