*** Official UDFA Thread *** Post all Jets UDFA Signings & Others of Interest

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Feel bad for the kid.  He looked like a certain R1 pick after his freshman season.  But that spinal condition must be pretty serious so that no NFL team is willing to even give him a tryout in rookie camp -- at least as of now.  And he was a year or two too early for the NIL deals in college.  I hope he made soemthing out of that Clemson education.

Dunno much about contract structure but wonder if there’s liability concerns that he could wind up on some kind of LTD claim on the team’s dime for life. Seems a little over the top for UDFA contract to be that worried but what do I know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Dunno much about contract structure but wonder if there’s liability concerns that he could wind up on some kind of LTD claim on the team’s dime for life. Seems a little over the top for UDFA contract to be that worried but what do I know. 

Decent point. I don’t know that either. 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Breylin Smith, presumably.

Kid gets a chance to essentially tryout for an NFL team. I'm sure Breylin and his family/coaches are happy for him. He came off pretty well in that interview. I'll be pulling for him. Maybe he can make the practice squad.

Even if these guys are not nfl bound it is still big for them if they want to keep playing pro ball.  Many CFL teams have connections in the NFL community and i am sure arena league and usfl will be the same.

They give a call to their connection on the jets or other nfl teams and the jets say, hey we had this kid in for a tryout, he is not quite good enough for the nfl but seems tailor made for your league give him a look.

• Upvote 1

During the season, Welch was named the SoCon Offensive Player of the Week twice, including following his school-record 570 passing yards against VMI. He was also named the league's Offensive Player of the Month for both February and March.

Welch led the Southern Conference and ranked fourth in the nation in passing yards per game, averaging 373.7 passing yards per contest. He also led the league and ranked fifth nationally in total passing yards at 2,242 yards in just six contests. Welch was the SoCon leader and ranked second in the nation in both total offense (2,545 yards) and total offense per game (424.2 ypg.).

In addition to his impressive passing numbers, Welch ranked second on the team in rushing with 303 yards and four touchdowns. He rushed for a career-high 139 yards and a touchdown in a 55-7 win at The Citadel.

• Upvote 1

Call it a hunch but I think Zach Wilson and Joe Flacco are locks for the roster. This means the only open spot is QB3.

The Jets know everything they possibly could about Mike White. Now they are inviting in anybody who has ever thrown a football to compete for that spot.

I think they like Mike White’s short game and enjoyed watching him hit 12 foot putts last season. They get scared when he is taking the driver or irons out of his golf bag.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Oh man, I remember this kid from all the Elerson Smith hype last year. Every play was either this bowling ball or Smith. Could be a nice find.

Did Elerson Smith show anything last season? Giants, right?   I was intrigued by him.