Jump to content

Are the Jets still the worst team in AFC East?


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, jetsons said:

Are the Jets still the worst team in AFC East?

Yes... Until they play a game & PROVE Otherwise... "Paper" doesn't take precedence over "Play"

By this logic no one else has played a game either so can’t be evaluated. So either you compare what’s in paper, or everyone is equal till game time 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It all comes down to the QBs. I think Zach has a better team around him than Mac Jones. He needs to play better than Mac Jones for us not to be last in the division.

Bills > Miami > Jets > Pats

Who’s Miami’s QB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Facts said:

I think New England is going to be competing for 4th in the division this year.

But Miami has a pretty darn good roster.

They are a Tua away from being a deep playoff team. Tua holds them back.

No offensive line.  Tua sucks. Sky high expectations because of the Hill trade.  They are going to have a rough year

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2nd best roster in division on paper, 4th best QB based on past performance…

In 2022, if Zach is 3rd best QB in division or better, we should jump to 2nd place. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to argue that getting up and out of the cellar in the East is not all about the QB,  With a stronger defense and prospectively a MUCH stronger running game I think this team can compete with Wilson in a Mark Sanchez just-hand-it-off type  role.  If Wilson contributes more than that to the passing game then we may be off to the races.

Obviously we have little chance at the big prize carrying a just-hand-it-off QB but that is a question for next year or the year after.  The question as posed was where do we stand in the division right now.

I hate to be "that guy" but until all of our major pieces make it through a full TC without season ending injury, or a protracted holdout or some incident involving 150MPH car chases with Florida police I am still very nervous.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am going to argue that getting up and out of the cellar in the East is not all about the QB,  With a stronger defense and prospectively a MUCH stronger running game I think this team can compete with Wilson in a Mark Sanchez just-hand-it-off type  role.  If Wilson contributes more than that to the passing game then we may be off to the races.

Obviously we have little chance at the big prize carrying a just-hand-it-off QB but that is a question for next year or the year after.  The question as posed was where do we stand in the division right now.

I hate to be "that guy" but until all of our major pieces make it through a full TC without season ending injury, or a protracted holdout or some incident involving 150MPH car chases with Florida police I am still very nervous.

Building a strong team - 22 slots plus - is key. Even if (dog forbid) Wilson does not work out, the best thing to happen would be to have a stocked team ready for the next QB, and not to have a squad that has to be blown up again. Denver and Pittsburg jump to my mind as franchises that have recently done this: they are competitive, and remain so, even as they sort out their playcaller issues.

And yes - this is the time of year before training camps, where the outside evils come to fruition, funded by agent cash advances.  Holding my breath.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would take the Jets offensive weapons over the Patriots and the Phins.

LWR17Waddle, Jaylen 21/1

RWR10Hill, Tyreek T/KC

SWR11Wilson, Cedrick U/Dal

TE88Gesicki, Mike 18/2

RB2Edmonds, Chase U/Arz 31MOSTERT, RAHEEM U/SF

 

LWR00Parker, DeVante T/Mia

RWR84Bourne, Kendrick U/SF

SWR16Meyers, Jakobi CF19

TE85Henry, Hunter U/LAC

RB37Harris, Damien 19/3 38Stevenson, Rhamondre 21/4

 

LWR84Davis, Corey U/Ten

RWR00Wilson, Garrett 22/1

SWR8Moore, Elijah 21/2

TE00Uzomah, CJ U/Cin

RB00Hall, Breece 22/2 32Carter, Michael 21/4

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They ended last year in last place, so until they prove otherwise they are in last place. Their roster has improved more than the other teams but this was one of the worst teams in the nfl last year. The Jets definitely seem more likely than not to be in the 2 or 3 spot, but there’s no way to tell until they play. 
 

my guess is they’ll have a better record than the Phins but no the Pats, so third place in the AFCE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deciding 8 Ball GIF

So is this what it has been like the last two decades?  One well coached very good team with the best QB in the division.  This sucks.  😉

If Belichick does what he has done the past two years, e.g. coach his ass off, the Jets are probably worst record wise.  If Belichick has not spread himself too thin by not really replacing any coaches, the Jets have a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Claymation said:

I would take the Jets offensive weapons over the Patriots and the Phins.

LWR17Waddle, Jaylen 21/1

RWR10Hill, Tyreek T/KC

SWR11Wilson, Cedrick U/Dal

TE88Gesicki, Mike 18/2

RB2Edmonds, Chase U/Arz 31MOSTERT, RAHEEM U/SF

 

LWR84Davis, Corey U/Ten

RWR00Wilson, Garrett 22/1

SWR8Moore, Elijah 21/2

TE00Uzomah, CJ U/Cin

RB00Hall, Breece 22/2 32Carter, Michael 21/4

The Dolphins? Come on. Their guys are proven. Hill is a level above any of ours. Gesicki is better than all our tight ends. Offensive line is another story. 

We may be better in time but no way can you say that now. Definitely better than the Pats. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one can convince me that we don't have the second most amount of talent in the division. And a lot of that gap is because of Josh Allen. Now, a lot of our talent are rookies and second year players, so it may not translate second in the division in wins yet. If Zach makes a big jump this year and we stay at least relatively healthy, we will be a dangerous team.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 5:21 PM, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t know how tf the Pats won 10 games last year, their roster is crap. Jets have a better roster but who knows what the records will look like from a w/l perspective. We also haven’t beaten them in about 10 years. Miami I have no clue how they’re gonna be, could be great or crash and burn.

 

Buffalo is obviously a Super Bowl favorite and we’re nowhere near them yet 

image.png.6aad289f6b9868a8466920808b247e10.png

This was the most NFL ready Rookie QB of the draft.  Now hopefully that changes.  Zach must utilize the weapons he has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, Jets4Life1979 said:

I've been reading comments from other fans on twitter saying how great the Jets did in the draft however, they're still gonna finish last in the division.  In my opinion, on paper the Jets roster is just as good as Miami and New England.  What do you think?

The Jets have a better roster top to bottom. The Faketriots will be cellar dwellers in the AFC East this year,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 2:14 PM, jetsons said:

Are the Jets still the worst team in AFC East?

Yes... Until they play a game & PROVE Otherwise... "Paper" doesn't take precedence over "Play"

Well said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

The Dolphins? Come on. Their guys are proven. Hill is a level above any of ours. Gesicki is better than all our tight ends. Offensive line is another story. 

We may be better in time but no way can you say that now. Definitely better than the Pats. 

 

That's fair, but I don't like their RBs at all. And I prefer Garret Wilson over Waddle and Moore over Wilson. Obviously Hill is the class of the Receiving Corp. Head and Shoulders better than everyone on either team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have not beaten any in our division in a couple of years. Last year we were pretty much crushed by Bills, Pats, and Fish. Hopefully we can win at least 2 at home...we are still bottom team unless ZW starts lighting up scoreboard.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigB said:

We have not beaten any in our division in a couple of years. Last year we were pretty much crushed by Bills, Pats, and Fish. Hopefully we can win at least 2 at home...we are still bottom team unless ZW starts lighting up scoreboard.

Dolphins games were both 1 score games, 

Second Bills game was competitive, but we never really had much of a chance. 

The Pats games were embarrassing demolitions (Wilson was a disaster in the first one and the defense was a disaster in the second one)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a $500 bet with a dolphins fan that the Jets will end up with more wins then them this year.  And I have 0 concerns about losing that bet.  The dolphins qb stinks, the oline stinks and the hc isn't qualified for the job.

It will be the easy money I make this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Claymation said:

That's fair, but I don't like their RBs at all. And I prefer Garret Wilson over Waddle and Moore over Wilson. Obviously Hill is the class of the Receiving Corp. Head and Shoulders better than everyone on either team.

Did you not watch Miami last year?

Waddle was amazing.

We can only hope that Wilson has a rookie year remotely close to what Waddle did last year.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2022 at 2:49 PM, Xtina said:

Who’s Miami’s QB

Teddy Bridgewater and Tua both grade out about average-ish for NFL QBs

where does Zach Wilson grade out? 

DON'T ASK

3 hours ago, Loki757 said:

No one can convince me that we don't have the second most amount of talent in the division. 

can we convince you about the dangers of double negatives? 

when it come to the Jets, they haven't won a division game in 3 years.

Exciting draft but they are the worst in the division until they prove otherwise

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The Dolphins? Come on. Their guys are proven. Hill is a level above any of ours. Gesicki is better than all our tight ends. Offensive line is another story. 

We may be better in time but no way can you say that now. Definitely better than the Pats. 

 

Agreed.

Only way we are better than Miami is if our running game is dominant OR Wilson takes a gargantuan leap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

Did you not watch Miami last year?

Waddle was amazing.

We can only hope that Wilson has a rookie year remotely close to what Waddle did last year.

Waddle had an amazing amount of targets. Extrapolated out, and his numbers weren’t much better than Braxton Berrios’. Hard to say that a WR averaging less than 10 ypc was amazing. I expect Wilson to be a lot closer to 15 ypc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Waddle had an amazing amount of targets. Extrapolated out, and his numbers weren’t much better than Braxton Berrios’. Hard to say that a WR averaging less than 10 ypc was amazing. I expect Wilson to be a lot closer to 15 ypc. 

So Waddle is just Berrios with more opportunities, you say?

image-asset.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So Waddle is just Berrios with more opportunities, you say?

image-asset.jpeg

All I said was that he fell short of amazing, and compared his numbers to Berrios as an example. I do think the Jets got the better receiver last year in Moore, and also think that Moore should be well ahead of Berrios on the Jets’ depth chart, and he is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Loki757 said:

No one can convince me that we don't have the second most amount of talent in the division. And a lot of that gap is because of Josh Allen. Now, a lot of our talent are rookies and second year players, so it may not translate second in the division in wins yet. If Zach makes a big jump this year and we stay at least relatively healthy, we will be a dangerous team.

I still think the Dolphins and the Pats have more talent. 


Dolphins vs Jets:
QB - Fins > Jets
RB - Tied at the moment.
WR- Fins > Jets
TE - Fins > Jets
OL - Jets > Fins
DL - Jets > Fins
LB - Fins > Jets
CB - Fins > Jets
S - Fins > Jets

Patriots vs Jets:
QB - Pats > Jets
HB - Pats > Jets
WR - Jets > Pats
TE - Pats > Jets
OL - Pats > Jets
DL - Jets > Pats
LB - Pats > Jets
CB - Tied at the moment
S - Pats > Jets
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jets have built up a good looking roster but I'm not booking wins less than a week after the draft. Right now this is still the last place team in the division and hopefully the team spends the offseason working like they have something to prove. We deserve to be optimistic about the direction of the team but we also owe it to ourselves to be realistic. A four win team last year probably doesn't put a one in front of the four this year.

Bills still look good. NE doesn't look strong right now especially with McDaniels out. Miami always gets talked up in the offseason but like the Jets the proof has to come in the form of wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

I still think the Dolphins and the Pats have more talent. 


Dolphins vs Jets:
QB - Fins > Jets
RB - Tied at the moment.
WR- Fins > Jets
TE - Fins > Jets
OL - Jets > Fins
DL - Jets > Fins
LB - Fins > Jets
CB - Fins > Jets
S - Fins > Jets

Patriots vs Jets:
QB - Pats > Jets
HB - Pats > Jets
WR - Jets > Pats
TE - Pats > Jets
OL - Pats > Jets
DL - Jets > Pats
LB - Pats > Jets
CB - Tied at the moment
S - Pats > Jets
 

Show your work. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slats said:

Show your work. 

QB - Tua and Mac are better than Wilson.
HB - Damien Harris is the most proven of the bunch. Rest are all in the same tier. 
WR - Tyreek Hill is by far the best. Waddle is the 2nd best WR out of all 3 teams. Jets over Pats because they have a higher ceiling with a similar floor.
TE - Henry, Jonnu, and Gesicki are better than anyone on the Jets
OL - Pats have a good O-line, and Miami's line is bad outside of Terron Armstead
DE - Jets are the most well rounded.
LB - None of the units are great to be honest.
CB - Miami has one of the best CB tandems. Jets and Pats just have a bunch of guys, until Gardner proves otherwise.
S - Pats and Dolphins have good Safety tandems. Jets don't.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slats said:

Waddle had an amazing amount of targets. Extrapolated out, and his numbers weren’t much better than Braxton Berrios’. Hard to say that a WR averaging less than 10 ypc was amazing. I expect Wilson to be a lot closer to 15 ypc. 

I get what you're saying, but he was 10th in the NFL in targets and 8th in receptions. He outpaced his targets.

And of course, a receiver who gets open often will have more targets naturally.

I do agree with you that I expect Wislon to have a great YPC, but I think his overall production will be less than Waddles rookie campaign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

QB - Tua and Mac are better than Wilson.

What has Tua ever done to prove he is better than Wilson?

I'm not remotely sold on Wilson but i've seen enough of Tua to know he ain't it either.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

.WR - Tyreek Hill is by far the best. Waddle is the 2nd best WR out of all 3 teams. Jets over Pats because they have a higher ceiling with a similar floor.

Agreed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...