Breece Hall's QB (College)... IS ... Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 2022: 49ers take Brock Purdy with final pick in draft (usatoday.com)

The 49ers made the final pick in the 2022 NFL draft, and Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant.

Purdy started 46 of the 48 games he played across four seasons for the Cyclones. He completed 67.7 percent of his throws for 12,170 yards with 81 touchdowns and 33 interceptions.

This gives the 49ers a fourth QB on their roster for the offseason, and chances are Purdy will function as the practice squad quarterback with Trey Lance and Nate Sudfeld working as QB1 and QB2 on the active roster.

I have to admit, I have always HATED that term for the last guy in the draft.  Maybe it should not annoy me as much as it does but it does.  Just a term of flat out disrespect when it is really tough to get drafted by the nfl and there will be like 300 udfas signed the next few days.

I'll now get off my pedestal.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have to admit, I have always HATED that term for the last guy in the draft.  Maybe it should not annoy me as much as it does but it does.  Just a term of flat out disrespect when it is really tough to get drafted by the nfl and there will be like 300 udfas signed the next few days.

I'll now get off my pedestal.

I bet the players love it.  They get name recognition out of it.