Do you give a free pass?

55 minutes ago, jamesr said:

NFL Europe had a quarterback who played for the Scottish Claymores, called Dameyeune Craig (allocated by the Carolina Panthers).

He threw for 611 yards in one game in 1999 - an American Football record. His jersey from that game is in the Hall of Fame.

His NFL career included completing 4 of 8 passes and 5 rushing attempts.

Getting your jersey in the Hall of Fame is perhaps not as big a deal as some would have it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I honestly hate to DWC you, but please make a complete list of all the QBs that started in the NFL and never had a jersey in the hall of fame. Huge deal. HUGE! 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I honestly hate to DWC you, but please make a complete list of all the QBs that started in the NFL and never had a jersey in the hall of fame. Huge deal. HUGE! 

My point is that setting a record in one game - as both Craig and White did - ultimately doesn't amount to much. Outliers, statistical anomalies, call them what you wish ... they will happen from time to time, and while it is a good achievement, doing it once doesn't make that player into a top player at his position.

EDIT - his jersey was only on display till the end of the season, not permanently. To quote Bill P - "let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet". ;-) 

SECOND EDIT - did you know that Jamal Adams' jersey was in the same gallery in the HoF in 2019?? :D  

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

My point is that setting a record in one game - as both Craig and White did - ultimately doesn't amount to much. Outliers, statistical anomalies, call them what you wish ... they will happen from time to time, and while it is a good achievement, doing it once doesn't make that player into a top player at his position.

EDIT - his jersey was only on display till the end of the season, not permanently. To quote Bill P - "let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet". ;-) 

SECOND EDIT - did you know that Jamal Adams' jersey was in the same gallery in the HoF in 2019?? :D  

Still cool honestly. Mike White may have saved LaFleurs job with that game. Plus we got to actually see the offense function, even Zach came back better. Mike White may not ever be a franchise QB, but he was a hero for a day and everyone is in a better place because of it. Cept Shane, he kind off went off deep end. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A truly disgusting moment in the post-draft presser was when Douglas praised Saleh for “playing the young guys” last year, thus confirming that the whole org viewed it as a redshirt season, and also that they conspired to kneecap Mike White despite the wishes of everyone else on the football team. 

JFC

Imagine having to “conspire to kneecap” a QB who threw 8 picks in 3 starts and had an interception percentage of 6.1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A truly disgusting moment in the post-draft presser was when Douglas praised Saleh for “playing the young guys” last year, thus confirming that the whole org viewed it as a redshirt season, and also that they conspired to kneecap Mike White despite the wishes of everyone else on the football team. Douglas then went out and replaced most of those “young players” with new players that he will, no doubt, use as an excuse when the team wins <6 games again this year. They are a group of entitled, self-congratulating, Peter-principled goons that better luck into nine wins this year or the pressure is going to be turned to to a million PSI for 2023, and it’s hard to go from “hey man, six wins is fine” to “holy sh*t, we need to make a playoff run to save our jobs” inside of twelve months.

FYI, the jets led the league in rookie snaps (what other choice did they have?) and were at the very top of the league in injuries last year. 

not really the easiest combo for a rookie coaching staff 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Still cool honestly. Mike White may have saved LaFleurs job with that game. Plus we got to actually see the offense function, even Zach came back better. Mike White may not ever be a franchise QB, but he was a hero for a day and everyone is in a better place because of it. Cept Shane, he kind off went off deep end. 

One of the best games I have watched in a long time. But yeah, things got a little crazy afterwards. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I joke about Mike White, but not giving him the start against the Dolphins and having Saleh transparently lie about the reason they were benching him was a terrible look for the administration and where their priorities are. Babying Zach Wilson is not the way to help Zach Wilson. 

Think Wilson came back better after the injury partially because he felt some pressure from White playing and getting some accolades while he was.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My Quite also taught Zach how to utilize the personnel we had.  And that you can win with high percentage plays if they're run effectively (e.g. hitting the WR in stride so they can break a tackle or dive forward for yards).

After Zach got back from injury, he played a lot more like My Quite.  Yet Saleh praised Flacco.  

• Upvote 1